Marketing automation software is designed to simplify marketing processes for your organization by providing a platform that automates repetitive tasks.
Marketing automation addresses common challenges facing most marketing departments including:
- Siloed and inconsistent corporate data
- Lack of analytics, reports, dashboards
- Having too many operational duties that detract from developing important strategic initiatives
Marketing automation platforms help companies to streamline, automate, and measure marketing activities and workflows to increase operational efficiency, customer engagement and customer conversions.
Benefits Of Marketing Automation
Marketing via digital channels has completely changed the game of how modern marketers practice their craft. Today’s solutions provide the scale and efficiency to truly develop personalized campaigns with very precise targeting.
There are many tactical benefits of utilizing a marketing automation platform including increasing inbound traffic to your site, improved social reach, methodical testing of campaign implementation details, and real-time responses to prospect actions. Yet it’s the strategic facets that are truly exciting:
- Higher quality sales leads are more precisely aligned with sales campaigns
- Scaleable, repeatable and automated campaigns that can be readily improved based on measurable prospect actions
- More objective marketing campaign ROI via demonstrable analytics
- Increased marketing operations efficiency, allowing marketing staff to focus on more strategic activities
Our experts have successfully implemented projects with most of the major marketing automation software, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Eloqua/Oracle, ExactTarget, Pardot, and Hubspot.
We have dedicated service offerings focused on selecting and deploying marketing automation platforms as well as consulting on all aspects of campaign implementation from design to implementation to operation:
Functionality at the core of most marketing automation packages includes:
Central Marketing Database
A repository for all your marketing data, including detailed prospect and customer interactions and behaviors. This allows for customer segmentation and the creation of customized and relevant messages. As your marketing team executes campaigns, this data becomes richer and richer.
Engagement Marketing Engine
An environment for the creation, management, and automation of marketing processes and conversations across online and offline channels. Think of this as the “orchestra conductor” for your customer interactions.
A way to test, measure and optimize marketing ROI and impact on revenue. Think of this as the place you go to understand what worked, what didn’t, and where you can improve.
- Campaign Creation – Campaign definition and primary attributes
- Landing Page Creation – Calls to action and conversion tracking
- Lead Nurturing & Scoring – Automatically qualify leads and execute appropriate actions
- Email Marketing – Batch email delivery, reputation management, real-time triggered email, forms, email testing
- Segmentation – Typically via seamlessly integrated CRM tools
- Social Marketing – Social listening, sharing, and analytics
- Marketing Analysis – Web, SEO, keywords, reporting and ROI analytics
Marketing automation platforms allow companies to more seamlessly define and execute specific marketing campaigns.
The infographic below depicts a marketing campaign example with the following steps:
- Define Campaign – Define success & KPIs, create a scoring model, segment your audience.
- Campaign Design – Develop content & creative.
- Build the Campaign – In your automation tool build out emails, landing pages and implement scoring model.
- Execute Campaign – Create lead nurturing work flow, score leads, execute campaign logic, respond to inquiries and route leads accordingly.
- Amplify Your Message – Blog, share, tweet, and like.
- Campaign Monitoring – Scoring model applied to determine customer insight.
- Campaign Reporting – Evaluate forecasted goals, A/B testing and determine next steps.