Best practices for structuring teams and workflow processes to scale marketing automation across global enterprises.
The Business Need
Standardizing Marketo across global field offices
The world’s largest software applications developer needed to scale its Marketo deployment across the entire global enterprise and standardize use in dozens of regional and local markets. At the time, each field office was driving their own unique marketing campaigns, costing the company millions of dollars and creating redundancy across markets. The goal was to leverage broad campaigns to drive top-of-funnel activity, and then allow the field to tailor locally developed content. As the campaigns drove leads, the company then needed to land the leads with the correct sales teams and roll up reporting on non-standard data fields. This required tailoring Marketo’s lead-scoring tools to prioritize the highest potential prospects, and customizing integration across multiple CRM systems and data warehouses.
It also required bringing in Centric’s trained Marketo experts, restructuring workflow management processes, employing change management techniques and tailoring training programs to specific markets – all on a global scale.
Centric’s High Impact Approach
Marketo-certified experts drive efficiency across the globe
Once the systems were set up, internal demand for campaigns on the Marketo platform grew exponentially. The team restructured the work intake and prioritization processes to give transparency to the team’s capacity. Working in tandem with the client’s leadership team, new governance policies were established to stack-rank priorities, share data and drive consistency across the globe. Establishing new workflow processes and managing to an agile cadence kept unforeseen incidents from derailing progress on campaigns. The restructuring allowed for incredible success in building and deploying multiple engagement streams, connecting social tools, and managing a global webinar series tailored to specific markets.
The centralized approach also gave the company real-time learning, enabling adjustments to be made as the project scaled beyond U.S. borders. By bringing in Centric’s Marketo-certified experts, the company was able to scale the project from inception to global deployment in 18 months. The launch included everything from trial and data collection to opt-in/opt-out functions integrated with a non-standard system, as well as a customized revenue cycle model and multiple CRM integrations with Microsoft Dynamics. Doing all of this on a global scale meant delivering it in 18 languages, across seven product groups and 42 countries.
Increased capacity, greater consistency, worldwide scale
- Implemented an enterprise-wide platform integration and global standardization across the Fortune 50 company in 18 months.
- As the rollout progressed sequentially through global markets, the deployment team’s efficiency improved an average of 17% each month, increasing the capacity of the existing team to scale quickly and bring on new countries faster.
- Drove lead generation through customized engagement, enabling field marketing teams across the globe to identify millions of qualified leads and drive upgrade opportunities.
- Established best practices and training programs to reduce variations and ensure consistency as new offices and team members were onboarded.
- Freed up the client’s internal marketing team members, enabling them to focus on strategy and customer engagement rather than execution.