How We Helped an American Retailer Migrate to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
An American retail chain with over $760 million in annual revenue was looking for a more robust marketing platform than their current email service provider. They determined that Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) would best meet their current and future goals.
Here’s what the retailer needed:
- Initial setup and configuration of Salesforce Marketing cloud
- Migration of pre-existing event models and data, including managing customers in the middle of communication streams
- Creation of an improved data model to incorporate new data from multiple sources, including Merkle, Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud), and in-store sign ups
- Creation of a single data repository, including customer preference data from various third-party sources and retail location sign-ups that were previously unsupported
- Implementation of a conversion pixel with Salesforce Marketing Cloud to provide additional data and analytics on customer behavior and drive more effective campaigns
Enter Centric: An Automation Approach to Solve Marketing Platform Need
Centric Consulting’s Indianapolis office worked with the client to provide all of those services. We developed an ideal solution for their specific needs using SFMC’s capabilities and client-specific data from separate sources.
That solution included:
- Establishing Salesforce Marketing Cloud as the database of record, which included creating automations for recurring imports and data extracts from multiple data sources
- Consolidating all customers within a single data model using a unique identifier
- Utilizing customer conversion data, passed via the Web Analytics connector, to order confirmation page and shopping carts as well as trigger Salesforce Marketing Cloud journeys, including abandoned shopping cart journeys
- Performing a Certona integration for personalization
- Creating new, real-time initiated customer journeys
The Results: Increased Customer Engagement and Retention
Thanks to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud implementation, data modeling and database migration project, the client achieved solid results:
- An increase in customer engagement, re-engagement, and conversion
- The establishment of a 1:1 customer lifecycle with personalized communications
- A database of record and multi-channel view of each individual customer
- The ability to engage with customers and shoppers, leveraging the latest data synchronized from various sources and based on various types of activities
- The enablement of in-store customer opt-ins via iPads in 600-plus brick and mortar locations across the United States. This included real-time data transfers and initiation of “Welcome campaigns” to customers before they left the retail stores.