ChatGPT is speeding processes, increasing efficiencies and improving how business leaders and department heads work every day. Below are some of the best ChatGPT use cases for business to emerge so far, but ChatGPT’s future is just getting started.
With its uncanny ability to recognize and understand patterns in language, numbers and data, ChatGPT is helping businesses provide better customer service, write everything from marketing copy to computer code, gauge customer sentiment and much more. We asked our AI experts to share some of the best ChatGPT use cases they’ve encountered or built themselves. We then organized their solutions first by industry and then by organizational function.
ChatGPT Business Use Cases by Organizational Function
Every business has tasks that involve repetitious actions that pull employees away from more valuable work and lower their morale. Here are some ways ChatGPT can help employees become more efficient and more satisfied with their jobs no matter where they work.
ChatGPT for Finance
- Expense management: Group expenses by type and direct them to the proper workflows, all while identifying outliers that need human evaluation.
- Financial reporting: Organize financial data for greater transparency and understanding.
- Compliance management: Stay current and enforce the latest policies and regulations.
ChatGPT for IT
- Cybersecurity: Recognize interactions that fall outside of established patterns and workflows to stop cyber-attacks sooner.
- Helpdesk automation: Go beyond chatbots that only provide canned responses and limited workflows. ChatGPT-enabled chatbots deliver more conversational, rewarding and productive helpdesk interactions.
- Data management: Automate the process of getting the right data into the right buckets.
- System monitoring: Detect anomalies in system behavior.
- Coding: With ChatGPT, a new coder can work at a level comparable to someone with 1-2 years of experience, speeding code production. You can use ChatGPT-written codes to write everything from pre-commit scripts and commit messages to built-in plugins in VS Code.
ChatGPT for HR
- Benefits administration: Help users understand and select HR benefits based on your offerings and your employees’ needs. Augment with ChatGPT-powered chatbots to handle employees’ questions.
- Job descriptions: Turn lists of duties, qualifications and expectations into drafts of job descriptions in your preferred format.
- Resume screening: Get help with scanning resumes for keywords and matches between job descriptions and resumes.
- Onboarding: Streamline the process of helping new employees meet their teammates, enroll in benefits and start to learn your culture.
- Evaluations: Convert your lists of employee highlights, strong suits and challenge areas into drafts of evaluations
- Interview scheduling: Take the hassle out of scheduling interviews between multiple candidates and busy staff members.
- Training programs: Coordinate employee training, and track progress toward goals.
- Exit interviews: Help exiting employees think of constructive questions to ask, how to phrase responses to exit interview questions and get ideas for next steps.
ChatGPT for Product Development
- Market and competitive analysis: Analyze publicly available data to gain insights on market readiness, competitors, geographic regions and more.
- Design optimization: Quickly evaluate design alternatives against requirements to identify the best design.
- Prototype testing: Evaluate user feedback on prototypes of new products or services.
- Customer feedback analysis: Sort customer feedback by topic and determine customer sentiment (positive, neutral, negative).
ChatGPT Use Cases by Industry
ChatGPT’s power lies in its ability to recognize patterns in language, but that same pattern-recognition capacity makes it useful not just for spoken language use cases but also for use cases based in computer code, data, numbers and more. These capabilities open up ChatGPT use cases to specific challenges that multiple industries face. Here are some examples:
ChatGPT for Insurance
- New product ideation: Evaluate quote declinations and compare them to existing product offerings to proactively offer product enhancement ideas to the product development team.
- Product development acceleration: Convert product definition models from actuaries into consumable content for IT (rules and parameters), legal review, claim review and state filings.
- Automated submission: Evaluate new business submissions and align to carrier appetite, including evaluating recent loss history to dynamically adjust scoring. Based on score, gather required risk information, and notify the underwriter of the importance and urgency of review.
- Claim information collection and validation: Evaluate images, police reports and more for completing necessary claim information, as well as for generating loss descriptions.
- Personalization: By evaluating a customer’s data, ChatGPT can make recommendations for other types of coverage.
- Underwriting automation: ChatGPT’s ability to analyze large data sets makes it great for making coverage and pricing recommendations.
- Risk assessments: ChatGPT’s data analysis skills also empower it to quantify risk.
- Fraud detection: ChatGPT can recognize irregularities in transaction data.
ChatGPT for Healthcare
- Remote patient monitoring digital triage assistant: Securely capture and transmit healthcare data to providers.
- Electronic health records (EHR): Correlate and summarize data, such as patient case notes, across many EHR systems.
- Computer vision: GPT-4+ has new multi-modal features that may contribute to healthcare knowledge capture from imaging, photos and other documents.
- Virtual assistants: Answer questions, help providers make better decisions and even provide mental health support in more than 50 languages.
ChatGPT for Financial Services
- Financial planning and analysis: Get help with forecasts, trends analysis, running projections, managing costs and assessing risks.
- Financial education: Explain financial concepts to employees or customers at any knowledge level.
- Automated reporting: Gain speed and accuracy with ChatGPT-generated reports.
- Portfolio management: Analyze investment strategies with real-time data.
ChatGPT for Manufacturing
- Process optimization: Get recommendations for process improvements based on your data.
- Risk mitigation and quality control: ChatGPT’s pattern recognition capabilities make it great for recognizing any sort of anomaly that could present risk or affect quality.
- Product recommendations: Use customer data to make recommendations based on customers’ preferences, needs and buying histories.
- Supply chain management: Track orders, monitor inventory, create demand forecasts based on your data and more.
- Training: Enable continuous learning with easier access to training materials.
ChatGPT for Energy and Utilities
- Energy management: Help customers be more energy efficient and make it easier to reach your own sustainability objectives.
- Predictive maintenance: Use sensor data and records to alert crews about emerging issues and help them to troubleshoot problems.
- Renewable energy integration: Analyze everything from weather patterns to forecasts of energy demand to make the best renewable energy decisions.
- Regulatory compliance: Interpret the latest regulatory requirements to aid with compliance.
The list of uses for ChatGPT is endless. Therefore, as we continue experimenting with new ideas at our own company and with clients, we’ll keep adding to this list. Bookmark this blog and check back regularly for updates.