How We Helped Transform Culture at a Technology Company
Our technology client supports one of world’s largest business software companies. They were challenged with a culture that was no longer helping them achieve their business goals and was resulting in high employee turnover.
They knew they were facing obstacles such as lack of leader alignment and a poor on-boarding process, but they needed help identifying other areas of the business that needed improvement.
It was evident that a cultural transformation effort made business sense, but first, the company needed an assessment and roadmap.
Enter Centric: A Cultural Roadmap to Improve Company Culture
We used our cultural program to assess business challenges and connect with leaders and employees at various level in the organization. This included interviews, workshops, weekly meetings, and coaching sessions.
These efforts uncovered a lack of leadership alignment, effective communication channels, cultural/business strategy integration, and trust. With a clear picture of the obstacles, we prescribed solutions, built a roadmap, and a delivered a program that addressed the culture ailments.
Key program components included:
- Core Values and Rollout Plan
- Business Strategy Alignment
- Communication Strategy, Structure, Process and Plan
- Employee Behavior Model – Rewards and Incentives
- Performance Management process
- Career Development process and structure
This cultural transformation effort achieved the results highlighted below. But that’s just upon completion of the initial phase. The results won’t stop there – as the client continues to focus on cultural change. Those efforts will translate to long-term business value.
The Results: A Cultural Transformation
Once the initial phase of work was complete, all employees were surveyed for their feedback on this cultural transformation.
Here’s what the survey found:
- 62 percent improvement in organizational communications with the greatest jump in manager and employee connection
- 85 percent of employees rated new values above average or excellent in support of the new culture
- 60 percent improvement in leadership alignment
- 53 percent increase in overall trust in the organization
The leaders have continued the work with coaching. Working together with the client, we’ve helped the organization achieve strong employee engagement, high morale and low turnover.