Learn how we helped a tech company revolutionizing the auto industry to completely transform their customer experience.
TradeRev is a technology company that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces. Focused on coast-to-coast expansion in the US, TradeRev needed to ensure its marketing strategy, content and sales process would reach and motivate existing and prospective customers to use TradeRev to power their automotive remarketing business.
Its leaders needed to drive increased use of TradeRev with existing customers while also attracting new customers to their solution.
Enter Centric: Driving Engagement by Diving Into Customer Personas
Centric Consulting’s Indianapolis office and National Customer Experience practice teamed up to develop customer personas that uncovered key motivators that drove auto dealers to sign-up with TradeRev.
With many key company leaders in Indianapolis, TradeRev wanted a partner that could collaborate with its team face-to-face when needed, with Marketing leadership experience and with an ability to generate actionable customer insights.
Going into the project, TradeRev and Centric identified the following needs:
- To develop personas for both vehicle buyers and sellers through TradeRev, which are two crucial customer segments
- To determine the factors that created resistance in conversion from awareness to use of TradeRev
- To isolate the drivers of progress in conversion
- To pinpoint how customers were finding TradeRev to aid marketing strategy decisions
- To understand and address current customer pain points to drive increased usage
We determined the best approach would be to start with the development of two personas to act as critical decision-makers in the use of TradeRev.
The Results: Focused Marketing Content and Strategy That Garners Attention
We used a persona development process that included gathering input from internal stakeholders and customers that fit our targeted persona profile. Internal input focused on gaining a deep understanding of the essential business decisions TradRev desired to inform. We wanted to capitalize on the in-depth customer knowledge that already existed in the organization through salespeople who worked with them day-to-day.
Leveraging the Jobs-To-Be-Done framework within customer interviews allowed us to understand what jobs customers typically hired TradeRev to do and how successful the TradeRev solution was at getting those jobs done.
The insights generated from this process helped TradeRev:
- Determine the single most influential medium customers were using to find TradeRev
- Isolate the points of friction impeding increased use of TradeRev
- Understand the key motivators that were causing prospective customers to consider TradeRev
Following the completion of the persona project, TradeRev focused its marketing strategy to better align with its customer base. It also refined its content strategy to address customer needs and updated in-queue projects to tackle customer-identified pain points.
The personas Centric developed have helped us better focus our Marketing content and brought into perspective the importance of key channels that were being used to find TradeRev.