Not only has the new app given guests a much-improved and unique experience, but Grand Lucayan Bahamas now has deep analytics on how each guest interacts with the services within the resort
The Business Need
Grand Lucayan Bahamas, a leading resort on Grand Bahama Island, wanted to improve the experience of their guests, many who are first time visitors to the island. The resort also wanted to increase the ancillary revenue from all of its many services including restaurants, bars, and recreational facilities.
The resort partnered with Centric to design and develop a mobile app that could serve as a 24/7 concierge for guests, giving them instant information about and access to all the resort’s services.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
The mobile solution included installing Bluetooth wireless beacons, which are devices that detect nearby smartphones to send coupons or other supplementary messages and information, throughout the resort.
By using beacons, the app can deliver turn-by-turn directions and unique marketing messages for each guest. For example, if a guest were to walk by the poolside bar doing happy hour, a notification can be sent to them about happy hour drink specials.
The iPhone app Centric developed, which is powered by BlueBeak, gave the client a seamless way to connect with guests, who could then easily discover and purchase services offered by the resort, as well as locate friends and family on the property.
Centric’s mobile handset developers also worked with our server-side experts to develop a seamless, cloud-based solution with deep backend analytic capabilities.
Not only has the new app given guests a much-improved and unique experience, but the client now has deep analytics on how each guest interacts with the services within the resort. This data will allow for continued refinement and improvement of the guest experience.
Other project highlights:
- UX design was built exclusively for “mobile first” (designing products for mobile devices before making correlate designs for traditional desktop or laptop computers), making it intuitive for the user, while making the experience highly engaging and fun
- Beacon placements on the property insured 100 percent coverage of the resort
- Iterative prototyping approach optimized the experience on iPhone and ensured the design could extend to other mobile platforms
- Incremental development process allowed for rapid design + build + deploy lifecycle
Client Testimonial on Centric’s Work
The entire team at Grand Lucayan takes pride in our commitment to offer the most personalized service and recognizes the need to embrace technologies that further enhance the experience of our valued guests. We believe BlueBeak, our new mobile application from Centric Consulting, is a testament to our commitment.
– Tom Anderson, Chief Marketing Officer, Grand Lucayan Bahamas.