Corridor and Centric Consulting worked together to rapidly deploy a highly secure Windows Virtual Desktop, which provides employees with remote access from anywhere.
Corridor, a leading provider of services to the home healthcare and hospice industry, needed a cost-effective and secure way to provide existing and new employees access to a remote personal desktop experience on the company’s network.
Due to the company’s rapid growth, the need to support its extended workforce with one-click access to a virtual desktop and applications was timely and critical. HIPAA Compliance and the need to deploy a solution with end-end security was also a requirement.
As an existing client, Corridor was already familiar with Centric Consulting’s deep cloud knowledge and technical expertise, and wanted to draw on this experience – as well as the Microsoft Partnership – to develop and deploy Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), a Desktop as a Service (DaaS) offering.
WVD provides remote access to modern desktop applications from any device, anywhere, and at any time, making it an ideal tool for companies that need to rapidly move their workforce to a remote environment as a result of COVID-19.
Enter Centric: A Modern Desktop Application for Remote Access Needs
In less than three weeks, our Modern Software Delivery experts worked with Corridor’s team to architect and deploy a scalable Windows Virtual Desktop that will support virtualized desktops as needed.
We partnered with the client to:
- Gather requirements on the maximum number of users that can access virtual desktop and existing authentication mechanism for cloud users.
- Create and configure a Windows Virtual Desktop Tenant for multiple host pools.
- Deploy a multi-session, scalable Windows 10 and virtualize Office 365 ProPlus.
- Prepare and customize a master virtual hard disk drive (VHD) image for WVD deployment.
- Set up user profile container (FSLogix Container) for personalized experience.
- Deploy, test and demo an entire solution.
- Provide detailed documentation, scripts and standards.
- Ensure proper identification, communication and mitigation of risks.
- Implement custom machine and local Group Policy Objects (GPOs)for security and feature benefits.
The Impact: A Secure, Single Interface for a Remote Workforce
With the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) changing the way companies work, it’s more important than ever to give employees the ability to use their own devices to access systems without impacting security or requiring additional hardware.
WVD allows companies like Corridor to centrally and securely manage their remote workforce through a single interface in a cloud environment.
Corridor has already begun to see the benefits of WVD, which include the ability to:
- Provide secure desktops, on demand, to remote employees or contractors.
- Deploy and scale Windows desktops on Azure, which you can access from any device.
- Deliver a great user experience remotely with Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Utilize the built-in security and compliance features of Azure cloud.
- Lower the cost for Windows server and desktop apps.
- Minimize the expense and overhead costs of asset management.
Not only has this solution been incredibly helpful in managing the company’s growing remote workforce, but it’s also simplified the IT department’s operations.
Together we will get through this.
As you take common sense precautions to protect yourself, your family and your business from the impact of COVID-19, we’ve compiled some tips, tools and techniques to help you better collaborate, communicate and work from anywhere.
In our portal, you can learn how to work better virtually, weather crisis challenges, shift to a modern workplace, foster a remote culture, maintain productivity and be a great leader.