Mobile App Streamlines Insurance Claims Management
Centric delivers a mobile app that streamlines insurance claims management both internally and externally, improving customer experience, reducing operating costs and risk management exposure.
The Business Need
The leading North American provider of innovative, technology-enabled claims and productivity management solutions was embarking on an initiative to enhance customer self-service for business clients and their employees. Enabling their business client’s employees to monitor and manage worker’s compensation, disability and leave benefits claims would improve customer experience, and reduce operating costs and risk management exposure.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
This client partnered with Centric to build a suite of claims management solutions for the Apple iPhone and Google Android mobile platforms. These solutions delivered a true “mobile first” customer self-service platform that supported a diverse set of claims management needs across multiple lines of business.
Centric worked closely with business and information technology stakeholders to manage the end-to-end project delivery including design, development and deployment of the applications to Apple and Google app stores. Wherever possible, existing middleware and web services were optimized for mobile, which avoided the significant “green field” infrastructure investments to link the mobile applications to this client’s legacy back-end systems. Given the success of this engagement, this client is exploring new opportunities for expanding its portfolio of mobile services.
Additional capabilities include:
- Employees receiving workers’ compensation, disability and leave benefits can quickly access details on status of their claims, know when their benefit payments have been issued and interact with their claims examiner.
- Push notifications and alerts provide claims and case updates via text, email or phone.
- Secure login and new user registration if an existing account does not exist.
- Access to open and closed claims, as well as individual claims details and case incidents.
- Submit new inquiries for claims including return-to-work date, request for extensions, medical appointments and general questions.
- Winner of 2014 Business Insurance Innovation Award.