iPad App Improves Patient Intake Process for Clinicians
Centric delivers an iPad app that streamlines and increases clinician efficiency with patient intake
The Business Need
The largest public hospice corporation in the U.S. needed to maintain market through innovating their patient intake services and clinician work flows. As new healthcare legislation threatened operating margins, our client needed to reduce costs by enabling nurse liaisons to capture sensitive patient information faster and cheaper with greater accuracy.
They needed a next-generation solution that worked regardless of user location or network connectivity, improved new patient intake response times and digitized paper-based forms and workflows.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Our client partnered with Centric to form a cross-functional team of clinician, process and mobile technology experts. Utilizing an Agile project methodology to provide flexibility and frequent deliverables every 2 weeks, the team consistently focused on delivering high priority features with frequent user feedback and rapid quality assurance testing.
In a matter of weeks, Centric designed and built an iPad tablet application that enabled nursing liaisons to seamlessly transition to the new patient intake process. New product features are being added to digitize clinical assessment and care coordination forms using electronic signature functionality for home medical equipment and pharmacy medications.
- Simple and intuitive user interface enables nurses to easily capture patient details such as insurance, demographics and prior clinical assessments.
- Modernized legacy IT infrastructure to support data communications with mobile devices through a web services architecture.
- Nurses have visibility to status details of all patients in the intake process.
- Improved communication with the call center with real time communication to back office systems.
- Reduced the amount of paperwork that had to be faxed or carried between patients and clinicians.
- Layers of security for accessing information and mobile device management capabilities ensure only authorized personnel have the appropriate level of access.