On this Fab Friday, let’s all become networking experts!
There’s no need to remember all seven, just choose three and commit them to memory today. Oh, what in the world are we even talking about?!?
We’re talking about networking events and how to be an interpersonal rockstar! David Kazel from our Miami team came across a very cool article on seven questions to be ready to ask when meeting relative strangers.
These questions are intentionally designed to be open-ended and to get people to talk about more than their job title and company. Check out the article here.
If you are short on time (maybe because you are getting ready for an upcoming event), choose three of these, commit them to memory and put them into practice:
- What are your hobbies?
- What are you reading these days?
- Any good travel plans coming up?
- I love that scarf! Where did you get it? (Check out the article for full context)
- Do you have a “wow” project you are involved with?
- What are you passionate about?
- Have you been to [city] or [event space] before? What’s it like?
Take some time to read these over, practice them and memorize them for your next event. You may have more in common with the person next to you than you think!
If you are a networking guru and have some go to comments or questions, comment on this post or send them our way!