Harvard Business Review published a very short, concise list in its June issue titled “Ten Fatal Flaws That Derail Leaders.” Although most are pretty obvious and not ground breaking, the list is useful to review especially if you take the time to mix in a strong dose of “is this me they’re talking about?” Remember, change is good.
The don’t do if you are a leader list:
- Lack energy and enthusiasm.
- Accept their own mediocre performance.
- Lack clear vision and direction.
- Have poor judgment.
- Don’t collaborate.
- Don’t walk the talk.
- Resist new ideas.
- Don’t learn from mistakes.
- Lack interpersonal skills.
- Fail to develop others.
Upon further reflection, looks like this applies for all of life.
I welcome your comments.