An Antidote to Talent Attrition: Microsoft Viva’s Employee Experience Platform
Our on-demand webinar shows you how Microsoft Viva can improve employee engagement.
Call it “the Great Resignation” or place the blame on “quiet quitting” – employee attrition and disengagement present significant challenges to improving a company’s culture and profitability.
Modernizing the employee experience is the solution to attracting and retaining highly engaged talent.
But if your organization already uses Microsoft 365, Teams and other employee experience tools, you may wonder whether adding to your current stack is the best approach. Microsoft Viva works differently. Rather than another disconnected tool or a “rip and replace” implementation, Microsoft Viva integrates your systems to reduce management and navigation to a single platform, offering a true one-stop-shop for the employee experience.
During this on-demand webinar, Modern Workplace co-lead and collaboration expert Michael McNett demonstrates how Viva brings your employee engagement, onboarding, performance, growth and development applications together in a single platform.
During this webinar, our Microsoft expert facilitates an in-depth exploration of MS Viva, sharing:
- Various perspectives on what businesses and employees want from a modern employee experience
- A comprehensive overview of how MS Viva enables an engaged, securely connected workplace
- Demonstrated ways that MS Viva can bring added business value to your company
- Key requirements you need to know about before implementing MS Viva
- Hands-on demonstrations of MS Viva applications, including Connections, Topics, Learning and Goals
- Licensing and pricing details to help simplify platform management planning and minimize spend.
We conclude with a sneak peek at some additional applications MS Viva has in store for 2023.
About the Speaker
Michael McNett is one of our Modern Workplace Practice Co-leads, and he provides IT consulting services to various companies. Focused on providing IT governance, collaboration, and communication solutions, his work aims to increase employee engagement and productivity. Michael also serves in volunteer leadership positions for two veteran service organizations in the Columbus, Ohio, area.