Microsoft’s upcoming Dynamics 365 Team Member license updates will affect current license holders starting April 1, 2020.
Starting April 1, 2020, users with the Dynamics 365 Team Member license (purchased during or after October 2018) will not have access to the following apps:
- Customer Service Hub
- Sales Hub
- Custom App Modules.
Dynamics 365 Team Member licenses will instead use the following apps:
- Customer Service Team Member
- Sales Team Member
- Project Resource Hub
During the early access phase (February 2020), users with Dynamics 365 Team Member licenses will be able to use the designated app modules mentioned above alongside all existing apps. Once Microsoft turns on license enforcement, unentitled apps such as Customer Service Hub, Sales Hub, and custom apps will not be accessible to users with the Dynamics 365 Team Member license.
Microsoft advises customers to test their Team Member scenarios and migrate customizations to the designated app modules as needed.
Dynamics 365 Team Member License Rights:
- Create, view, update and delete contacts, activities, tasks, and notes.
- Update personal employee information.
- Record time and expenses for Project Service Automation and apply for projects.
- View dashboards and user reporting.
- Participate as an end-consumer of Dynamics 365 services, such as responding to surveys.
- Customize that a Team Member is not available for the application module – with more than 15 custom entities available to the Team Members license.*
*Customers can only customize the application module if it does not result in a change to the core purpose of the specified scenario.
Please refer to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide for additional information.
Partner with Us Today for Your Microsoft Technology Solutions
We’ve earned Microsoft’s highest partner status, Managed Gold Competency Partner, in recognition of our expert ability to develop, deliver, and support Microsoft Cloud solutions using the latest technologies that help clients boost productivity.