Far-reaching DevOps tooling deployment allows five independent sub-groups to centralize applications and materials using AWS GovCloud.
A leading government financial organization was searching for a customizable, cloud-based, multi-tenant solution that would unify the DevOps tooling of the multiple independently-operating sub-groups, drive faster and more streamlined technology deployments, and position the organization for significant cost-savings and increased efficiency.
Building upon a trusting relationship spanning diverse projects and several years, the organization partnered with Centric Consulting.
Impressed with our robust service portfolio, proven success with Cloud and DevOps, and government and financial services industry knowledge, the organization was confident that our team would be the best partner for the job.
Enter Centric: A Centralized Approach for Software Consolidation
After meeting with stakeholders and key representatives at the organization to identify needs and project scope, we devised a multistep, three-phased project roadmap that included:
- A full AWS GovCloud implementation for security, cost-savings and better scalability
- Customized configuration and deployment of 10+ DevOps tools, including Atlassian stack
- Migration of four applications from on-prem to GovCloud based tooling
- Process development for deployment of remaining 25+ applications
- Development of a suite of Ruby/Cucumber automated testing scripts to maintain system integrity
- Creation of a concentrated place where materials integral to operational efficiency can live, including onboarding documents and an intranet that all five groups could access
- A comprehensive change management strategy to ensure successful organization-wide adoption of new software implementations and operational practices.
An eight-member team worked hand in hand with the client’s stakeholders and steering committee to roll out the new services, communicating updates, project status, and issue resolutions when they arose. A sharp attention to detail, and commitment to reaching deadlines and milestones drove productivity and efficacy during the in-depth, multifaceted project.
In addition to bringing keen expertise in DevOps tooling deployments, AWS implementation and security, software customizations, and automating testing, our team brought a strong, sound change management plan to maintain cohesion across the cross-functional teams. Through consistent touchpoints and detailed task lists, organization employees were prepped, onboarded, and trained for the upcoming implementations.
The Impact: Numerous Benefits for Long-Lasting Success
Once we handed the projects over to the client, the organization realized numerous benefits, including:
- An AWS GovCloud implementation that was rolled out on time and under budget
- Reduced software licensing costs
- Additional functionality within operational practices and technology
- A more cohesive strategy toward data information sharing
While the project spanned a year, was exhaustive and touched many different teams, our calm approach and communication instilled confidence, trust, and enthusiasm within client stakeholders. And when the first pilot group went live, the other groups were excited to begin the onboarding and configuration of their own.
You can procure the full strength of our company’s capabilities through the General Services Administration’s easy-to-use government contracting vehicle, IT Schedule 70.
Want to learn more?
Download an overview of our public sector services along with all of our NAICS, DUNS, and CAGE code here.