Our Modern Workplace experts share their list of top Microsoft 365 education opportunities, resources, and tips for admins and IT professionals.
Finding information about Microsoft tools? Not very difficult. Identifying accessible, relevant, and high-quality learning resources? That’s a bit more challenging. Luckily, our Modern Workplace and Microsoft 365 experts stay updated on the latest information, so you can too.
Explore our curated collection below, featuring our top Microsoft 365 resources and tips for admins and IT professionals. We’ve also included resources for other Microsoft platforms that you can seamlessly integrate with Microsoft 365 to enhance collaboration and productivity. Our hope is for you and your team to use this list as a valuable reference to assist in achieving your organization’s goals.
General Microsoft 365 Resources
From blogs to forums to comprehensive guides, these general resources provide an in-depth look at Microsoft 365 and its partnering platforms and services.
- Customer Immersion Experience: Our certified professionals lead Microsoft 365 interactive sessions tailored to fit your interests and business priorities.
- Guide to Microsoft 365 Communication and Training: In this blog, we show you how to create a Microsoft 365 communication, training, and change management strategy for success.
- Guide to Microsoft Adoption and Change Management: We explain the need to build trust and listen to help users understand the value of a new product or service, particularly those of Microsoft.
- Microsoft 365 Documentation: This Microsoft Learn landing page offers the resources you need to get started with Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft 365 Status: This official Microsoft X account reports updates on Microsoft 365 service incidents.
- Microsoft 365 and Office 365 Suite Features: This Microsoft Learn library provides detailed descriptions of each service and feature available on these platforms.
- Microsoft 365 and Power Platform Community: The Community, also known as the PnP Community, is an open-source initiative coordinated by Microsoft Engineering that shares best practices and provides tips for building apps on Microsoft 365 and Power Platform.
- Microsoft AI Cloud Partner Program (MAICPP): Formerly known as the Microsoft Gold Partner Program, the MAICPP uses AI technology to drive business transformation and innovation.
- How Microsoft AI Cloud Partners Stacks up to Microsoft Gold Partners: We explore what’s in a name, walking through the differences between the two programs. Then, we explain the benefits of working with a Microsoft AI Cloud Solutions Partner so you can identify the best focus areas for your business.
- Microsoft Community Hub: This Microsoft-modified community forum allows you to connect with other Microsoft 365 users to ask and answer questions, strengthen skills, and accelerate your organization’s digital transformation.
- Microsoft Entra Set Up Guides: This resource walks you through how to set up Microsoft Entra, a secure access tool that keeps your cloud-based data secure.
- Microsoft Healthcare and Life Sciences Blog: This Microsoft blog spotlights the latest Microsoft 365 innovations in the medical community. Although it’s industry-specific, it’s a solid reference and a source of inspiration.
- Microsoft Learn: This Microsoft Library provides free interactive modules, videos, articles, and Q&A pages to help users build new skills and strengthen their knowledge of Microsoft features.
- Microsoft Mechanics: With close to 325,000 subscribers, this YouTube channel is Microsoft’s official video series that covers everything from how-tos to tech news.
- Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 and Power Platform Release Planner: This planner provides a user-friendly schedule of upcoming Dynamics 365 and Power Platform release dates, complete with concise descriptions of what they can offer your business.
- Benefits of the Release Planner: In this article, we explain how to use the release planner to help your business manage and plan around Microsoft’s software releases.
- Migrating to the Cloud with Microsoft: In this blog, we provide a brief overview of the cloud, the benefits of using Microsoft to migrate online, and how to prepare to make the move.
- Modern Workplace Webcast Series: This award-winning series by Microsoft features expert perspectives from today’s most successful entrepreneurs and thought leaders.
- Powershell.org: This nonprofit organization provides free or low-cost educational opportunities to PowerShell and DevOps enthusiasts.
- Update History for Microsoft 365 Apps: This release channel lists each Microsoft 365 update from most to least recent. Click on the link corresponding to your version to receive an in-depth description of its features organized by application.
Platform-Specific Microsoft 365 Resources
Azure Educational Resources
This compact collection of landing pages and blogs covers Azure, Microsoft’s cloud computing, analytics, and networking platform.
- Introducing Microsoft Azure: This Microsoft Learn landing page provides educational videos (some hours long!) explaining the ins and outs of Microsoft’s cloud computing platform.
- How to Protect Your Most Valuable Assets in Azure: We discuss the Azure tools you can use to protect your digital assets.
- Protect Your Microsoft 365 Digital Assets with a Zero-Trust Architecture: We discuss how to build a digital ecosystem to secure your most valuable digital assets.
- Azure Cost Analysis: This Microsoft Learn article shows how you can use the Azure Cost Analysis tool to identify trends in your spending.
- How Azure Cost Analysis Exposes Cost Overruns and Wasted Budgets: In this blog post, you’ll learn how Azure Cost Analysis can rescue you from budgetary chaos.
- Introducing Microsoft Synapse: We dive into some of the benefits of Microsoft Synapse, sharing three reasons to consider using the Azure tool for your next data and analytics project.
- Improving Your Modern Data Warehousing with Azure Synapse Analytics: We show how Azure Synapse Analytics improves your modern data warehousing experience.
Copilot Tips and Resources
These educational resources explore the scope, benefits, and risks of Copilot, an AI-powered tool that integrates large language models (LLMs) with your organization’s Microsoft 365 data.
- Introducing Microsoft Copilot: In this blog, we provide a quick overview of Microsoft Copilot’s offerings and the benefits it can bring to your organization.
- An Executive’s Guide to Getting Ready for Copilot: This webinar shares the fundamentals of Copilot and provides guidance on getting your data ready for it while keeping it secure and protected.
- Microsoft Copilot Checklist: To help you adopt this new technology, we have prepared a Microsoft Copilot Preflight Checklist, which will help ensure safe flying wherever your future takes you.
- Strategic Readiness for Your Microsoft Copilot Rollout: We help you think strategically about your Microsoft Copilot rollout so you can invest in the tools that will unlock the most value for your people and your business.
- Admin Training for Microsoft Copilot: This Microsoft Learn landing page includes five introductory modules to get you acquainted with Microsoft 365 Copilot and Sales Copilot.
SharePoint Educational Resources
This brief collection of discussions and tutorials covers SharePoint, Microsoft’s secure platform for storing, organizing, and sharing information.
- Making the Most of SharePoint Online: In this blog series, we outline key considerations and business solutions to help you make the most of your SharePoint setup.
- Migrating from SharePoint to SharePoint Online: This article highlights critical considerations and best practices for upgrading, migrating, and deploying SharePoint Online.
- How to Convert Classic SharePoint Pages to Modern SharePoint Pages Using PowerShell: In this article, we walk you through a high-level, step-by-step process to convert your classic SharePoint pages into modern pages.
- How to Create a Site Map on SharePoint Online: We walk you through how to create a site map for your SharePoint Online using two different web parts.
Microsoft Teams Educational Resources
These discussions, client stories, and tutorials explore Microsoft’s messaging app that offers the potential for transformational communication and collaboration within your organization.
- Admin Training for Microsoft Teams: This Microsoft Learn landing page provides over fifty video tutorials to educate yourself and others about Teams’ resources.
- Microsoft Teams Overview: We provide a quick introduction to Microsoft Teams, its challenges, and its potential benefits for your business.
- Microsoft Teams Best Practices: We share our Teams best practices that improve internal communication and maximize its value.
Discussions and Tips
- A Comprehensive Guide to Using Microsoft Teams as a Digital Work Hub: This blog series helps you learn more about how Teams, along with its tools and integrations, can transform your company.
- Microsoft Teams Features You Can Use to Improve Workflows: We explore Teams features released in 2023 that enhance collaboration and communications across in-person, hybrid, and remote workplaces.
- Microsoft Teams Private and Shared Channels: We share the pros and cons of private and shared channels so you can protect your organization’s sensitive information and reduce information overload.
- How to Decide the Best Way to Communicate Using Chat: In this blog, we help you determine the best uses for the Chat function so you can maximize the benefits of group communication.
- Microsoft Teams for Frontline Workers: This blog series shows how Microsoft Teams simplifies manufacturing processes and improves company communication with frontline workers, improving their day-to-day work experience and increasing your organization’s overall efficiency.
- Improving Healthcare for People Experiencing Homelessness with Microsoft 365 and Teams: In this client story, we share how we helped a nonprofit organization stand up Microsoft 365 to better serve unhoused populations.
- How to Add Members to a Microsoft Teams Channel: Learn how to quickly bulk-load add members into a Teams channel with this no-code solution.
- How to Use Integrations to Boost Teams Performance: This webinar explains how to use Teams as a digital work hub to increase your Office 365 ROI and transform your business.
Additional Microsoft Resources
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Resources
These discussions and resources explore Dynamics 365, Microsoft’s cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool.
- Introducing Microsoft Dynamics 365: We provide an overview of Dynamics 365 and how it can integrate with other Microsoft tools to create a digital operating model.
- Deployment Tips for a Successful Dynamics 365 for Sales Implementation: In this article, we talk about the Dynamics Customer Engagement Sales Module and provide straightforward tips to improve users’ experience with the tool.
- Integrating Dynamics 365 with Microsoft 365: This Microsoft Learn page explains how an SSO allows you to easily access M365 and D365 without having to login to each tool.
In-Depth Feature Discussions
- How to Use the New Functions Included in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Wave Releases: In this blog, we provide a comprehensive guide on how to use the Dynamics 365 features from 2023 Release Wave 2.
- Dynamics 365 2023 Release Wave 1: In this blog, we share our favorite features from the hundreds Microsoft released in its 2023 Release Wave 1.
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform Features from 2022 Release Wave 2: In this blog, we share our favorite Dynamics 365 and Power Platform features from 2022 Release Wave 2.
- How to Create an Actual vs. Budget Report in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations: We show you how to use a specific D365 tool to create better budgets and provide a deeper understanding of your business’s spending habits.
- How To Create a File Field in Dynamics 365 Model Driven Apps: Enhance your Dynamics 365 system by adding file fields directly to a record to manage individual documents and files.
- How to Create a Project Template Function in Dynamics 365 Project Operations: We provide a step-by-step tutorial about how to set up a no-code or low-code project template process to streamline your Dynamics 365 experience.
- How to Create an Email Signature in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement: In this blog, we show you how to enhance your email signature in Dynamics 365 CE to provide a consistent and professional experience.
- How to Use Theming to Enhance User Interfaces in D365 Customer Engagement: In this blog, we show you how to customize themes to match your brand so your users feel at home and engaged.
- Dynamics 365 as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Solution: This blog series shows how Dynamics 365 can boost customer loyalty, generate sales, and grow with your business.
- When and How to Use Managed Versus Unmanaged Solutions in Microsoft Dynamics: In this blog, we clearly define managed and unmanaged solutions, how they interact between environments, and when you should use each.
Microsoft Fabric Resources
This brief collection of articles discusses Fabric, Microsoft’s AI-powered platform that provides a comprehensive data analytics solution for businesses, encompassing everything from data lakes to engineering to integration.
- Introducing Microsoft Fabric: This Microsoft landing page provides a comprehensive look at Fabric’s features and client stories.
- Who Should Care About Microsoft Fabric and Why?: We discuss how to decide whether adopting Microsoft Fabric is right for your organization right now.
- Microsoft Fabric Resources: Microsoft Learn walks you through the foundation and components of Microsoft Fabric so you can envision its benefits for your organization.
- Monitoring in Microsoft Fabric: In this blog, we discuss all the capabilities and benefits Microsoft provides to monitor Microsoft Fabric so you can keep on top of your organization’s evolving data analytics needs.
- Integrating Microsoft Fabric with Microsoft 365: This Microsoft blog shows how you can integrate Fabric with your organization’s Microsoft 365 data to develop a competitive edge.
Microsoft Power Platform Resources
These resources discuss the makeup and specific features of Power Platform, Microsoft’s suite of AI-powered low-code tools.
- Introducing Power Platform: This Microsoft Learn landing page provides learning modules, training days, and certification programs for Power Platform.
- Power Platform’s Low-Code and No-Code Solutions: We show how Power Platform can lead your organization‘s citizen developer transformation and help you gain the most value from the platform.
- Guide to Power Platform Licensing: We help you navigate Power Platform’s resources so you can make the best licensing decision.
- Power Platform Center of Excellence Starter Kit: In this blog, we walk through three components of Microsoft’s Power Platform Center of Excellence Starter Kit to help you begin developing a governance and adoption strategy.
- Microsoft Power Virtual Agents: We introduce Power Platform’s Power Virtual Agents (PVAs), low-code solutions presenting new opportunities for citizen developers to rapidly refine their chatbots.
- Power Apps and Power BI Integration with Write Back and Reporting: In this blog, we show how Power Apps allows you to write back data to its original source from a Power BI report and then create a new report based on the updated data.
- Power Platform’s AI Builder: In this blog, we introduce Power Platform’s AI Builder and provide example use cases so you can optimize your business performance.
- RPA in Recruiting with Microsoft Power Platform Automation: In this post, we share how robotic process automation (RPA) can help solve one of the biggest challenges in the recruiting process.
- How to Print a Form in Power Apps: We walk through how to print in Power Apps step-by-step.
Microsoft Viva Educational Resources
This brief compilation of resources discusses Viva, an employee experience platform built within Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams, and its new integrations with Copilot.
Viva Training and Resources
- Microsoft Viva Admin Training: This Microsoft Learn article introduces Viva and its potential to support connection and growth within your organization.
- Microsoft Viva’s Employee Experience Platform: In this webinar, we show how Microsoft Viva can help bring your employee engagement, onboarding, performance, growth, and development applications together in a single platform.
- Adding Microsoft Viva to Your Digital Work Hub for Improved Knowledge Management: We discuss how Microsoft Viva can provide you with a knowledge management solution.
- Viva Connections: This Microsoft Learn article discusses Viva’s customizable app that allows your organization to create experiences tailored to different audiences.
Viva and Copilot Connections
- Microsoft Viva Integrations: This Microsoft page explores various Viva integrations.
- Measure the Impact of Microsoft Copilot with Viva Insights: This Microsoft article shows how the Copilot Dashboard, powered by Viva, can create powerful, personalized reports; present data-driven insights; and boost productivity within your organization.
- New Ways Microsoft Copilot and Viva are Transforming the Employee Experience: This Microsoft blog explains how the merger of Copilot into Viva will enhance employee productivity.
Helpful Tips to Make the Most of Microsoft 365
- Check your service health. Use the Microsoft Admin Center to view the health of your services, including Office Online, Teams, Exchange Online, and Dynamics 365.
- Register for Microsoft events. These free lectures and training sessions offer a great opportunity to network and learn from IT professionals and developers.
- If you have an Enterprise Agreement or Software Assurance with Microsoft, take advantage of your planning services to help you deploy Microsoft technologies and maximize your investment.
We hope you’ve found our list of Microsoft 365 tips helpful. If you think we’re missing a great resource, we welcome your input and would love to hear from you.