Our Modern Workplace experts share their list of top Microsoft 365 education opportunities, resources and tips for Admins and IT Professionals.
With no shortage of information available, the challenge is finding the best, most relevant and updated learning resources.
This can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. I know this firsthand because, after recently joining Centric Consulting’s Enterprise Collaboration team, I was on a steep learning curve myself.
Unlike many though, I am fortunate to have easy access to a team of Modern Workplace and Microsoft 365 experts who stay up on the latest so they can provide unmatched client delivery experiences.
I recently asked the team for a list of their top Microsoft 365 resources and tips for Admins and IT Professionals. I’m sharing here in hopes that the aggregated list serves as a helpful reference for others.
Microsoft 365 Education & Resources:
- Microsoft Docs – The home for Microsoft documentation.
- Microsoft Learn – Features newly updated learning paths. Content is fairly limited as they build this out.
- Customer Immersion Experience – Personalized Microsoft partner lead interactive sessions. You can find more information here.
- What’s New in Office 365 – Lists new features and updates.
- Microsoft Mechanics – YouTube channel, with over 115k followers, that covers tech news across Microsoft.
- Microsoft 365 Status – Twitter feed offering service incident updates.
- Microsoft Tech Community– Connect, collaborate and learn from fellow experts.
- Powershell.org – A community for PowerShell and DevOps professionals and enthusiasts.
- Modern Workplace Webcast – Award-winning, monthly video series featuring expert perspectives from some of today’s most successful entrepreneurs and thought leaders.
- Healthcare and Life Sciences Blog – Although it’s focused on Office 365 in the healthcare industry, it still serves as a good reference for the latest on Office 365.
- Take advantage of MSDN licensing and free Azure hours for licensing on prem configs like Active Directory Sync and hybrid applications.
- Check your service health in the service health center. Here are the instructions.
- Get out of the office! Events are another great way to learn and network. We are big fans of the smaller, more interactive events like Microsoft Technology Center Workshops available for Teams, Security and Compliance. You can find a full list of Microsoft events here.
- If you have an Enterprise Agreement or Software Assurance with Microsoft, take advantage of your Planning Services and Training Vouchers. You may have additional training benefits in your Premier Support or Unified Support agreement.
If you’ve also found this list helpful, please share it with others. If you think I’m missing a great resource, I’d love to hear from you!
Want to learn more? Let’s collaborate together.