Recently, a team of twelve from Centric Cincinnati served a packed house of more than 125 people at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Cincinnati. Chef’s participating from Centric included Jennifer Habos, Brian Starr, Sean Talty with his daughter Caroline, Scott Moyer, Kevin Shaffer with his wife Lori, Andy Park, Lynn Park, Ben Park, Hunter Park, Lou McGuiness.

Centric served their most popular menu for the second time. The delicious menu included grilled chicken breast, mashed red potatoes, green beans, antipasto salad, dinner rolls, fresh cut fruit, and cookies. The line of guests extended out of the cafeteria and around the corner with some returning for 2nds and 3rds. One guest stopped to thank Lori Shaffer saying that this was the first time that they had been served a grilled meal since October 2014.

2015 marks the third year that Centric Cincinnati has been volunteering with Ronald McDonald House. Centric’s Jennifer Habos has been coordinating the events since the beginning. Centric has ramped up the number of events over the years starting with two events the first year, four events their second year, and in 2015 they are planning six events.

Helping parents and children who are fighting a number of serious health issues is a great way to give back to the community. Everyone, including the volunteers, appreciates what we do and its feels good knowing that we’ve brightened up someone’s day with a good meal.

-Jennifer Habos, Centric Cincinnati Manager

logo-3About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Cincinnati:

Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Cincinnati provides a supportive “home away from home” for families and their children who are receiving treatment from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital or other medical centers in the area. The mission of this organization is to provide all the comforts of home to families with a hospitalized child, regardless of a family’s ability to contribute financially.

The house has 41 long-term suites, 37 bedrooms, family rooms, home cooked meals, common dining areas, laundry rooms, play rooms, exercise rooms, onsight teachers and parking. The occupancy rate is 95% with an average stay of 27 days. Approximately 269 individuals are there daily. In 2011, 1218 families were served. McDonald’s restaurant customers provide 11% of the funding and the remaining 89% comes from generous individuals.


Pictured: Andy Park, Jennifer Habos, Lou McGuiness, Scott Moyer, Kevin Shaffer, and Brian Starr