Business Intelligence and Marketing Automation
New marketing platform allows the company to personally engage with millions of software users through multi-channel marketing campaigns, driving an estimated $1 billion in business value.
The Business Need
The subscriber-based business model for a Seattle-based software company requires engagement with its user base in a personalized, one-on-one, relevant manner. Marketing leadership sought to create highly-targeted segments and A/B tests in their marketing campaigns based on usage, persona, and subscription data to create engagements throughout the customer’s lifecycle in a real-time and relevant manner.
The goals were to:
- Retrieve data from a variety of different sources
- Clean and validate data to ensure data integrity
- Deliver data with very low latency to make real-time decisions
- Aggregate data into marketer friendly metrics
- Report quickly on the health of each campaign
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Centric worked with the software company’s marketing team to:
- Navigate the complex and inter-connected world of their software to onboard data from disparate data sources, integrate with purchase and billing systems to extend and redeem offers and discounts to customers, and deliver services to support worldwide users of the software desktop clients.
- Sanitize and aggregate data from a 200 Petabyte custom file-based big data platform that included persona, usage, and subscription data.
- Develop custom integrations to allow for low-latency streams of events for real-time marketing decisions and communications.
Marketers are able to reach and personally engage with their millions of software users in an all-in-one marketing platform that encompasses multi-channel marketing campaigns worth an estimated $1 billion in business value.
With Centric’s support, the company’s marketers are now able to:
- Leverage data and technologies to create more relevant and targeted campaigns.
- Receive the necessary data in near real time to make campaign decisions based off of usage and subscription events as they happen.
- Obtain a 360-degree view of the customers and segment their audiences using an endless supply of data at their disposal.
- Run complex campaign tests and measure the effectiveness against not only email opens and clicks, but also real user behaviors.