Infrastructure Transformation and Long Term Managed Services
Transforming an Infrastructure to Support Global Operations
The Business Need
The client’s infrastructure and processes were not able to support the planned business growth, stability and performance goals required to enable their core business strategy.
Centric’s High-impact Approach
Centric initially performed an Infrastructure Assessment and Scorecard and developed a high-level Technical Roadmap with specific approaches and recommendations. While working to implement the high priority initiatives, some key members of the client’s technical support team left the company, with the client asking Centric to help fill the void. Centric developed an approach to augment the client’s technical staff with both senior level onshore expertise and offshore resources to provide seamless 24/7 support.
Centric has continued to provide technical leadership and delivery for the client for over 5 years. During that time, the IT Operations of the company has been significantly upgraded across several levels and transformed into a high performing operation, enabling the business to focus on growth and undergo a successful IPO.
Key accomplishments include:
- Implemented an Exadata Database solution with RAC to provide high availability and extreme performance.
- Coordinated the move to a third party data center operation to provide disaster recovery capability by implementing Data Guard.
- Implemented OEM12c to better monitor and maintain the technical solution.
- Performed several database upgrades and numerous technical support projects such as the R12 implementation in South America.
- Helped the company design and implement an infrastructure to support global operations.
- Leveraged a scalable team with both onshore and offshore resources to support 24×7 coverage. The team consistently exceeds their SLAs and comes in under budget.
- Enhanced and documented standard technical processes.