Investor-Owned Electric Utility – Oracle Software Support & Administration
The Business Need
Centric’s Ohio-based utility client generates, transmits and distributes electric power.
Following the announcement by Indus International (acquired by Ventyx) that they would no longer support EMPAC, the utility’s Asset Management solution, our client began to search for a replacement Asset Management package.
With little expertise in the administration and support of a large, complex software solution, our client looked outside their organization for a partner to assist them with supporting and administering the newly implemented software solution, Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management (WAM). The utility selected Centric Consulting, to provide primary, frontline functional and technical support, system administration and product enhancement/implementation.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
An initial team comprised of one Centric consultant and one Centric technical consultant provided quick, efficient support in the following areas:
- Ongoing user training & knowledge transfer
- Reconfiguration of system resources to address functional concerns of users
- Technical response to system issues as required., including WAM reporting, interface to Oracle E-business Suite, user access and accounting errors
- System Administrator configuration of code tables, business rules, user responsibilities and profiles, assets, object routing and report administration
- Implementation of newly desired functionality requested post go-live, including application and module configuration, testing, client acceptance of solution and user training
Centric also created standard working papers and methodologies to support the streamlined operations going forward.
As Centric has worked to make the client more self-sufficient, reporting of software deficiencies and client requests for changes have declined and Centric is perceived as a valuable partner.