Centric provides executive level education on the current industry landscape and how other companies are finding value in Cloud Solutions.
The Business Need
A mid-west university was looking for a trusted advisor to help them cut through the hype and educate them on ways Cloud Computing could impact their organization. The university has a very light IT staff, and a very seasonal business where most of their computing needs occur over a short period of time.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Key objectives associated with this engagement included:
- Develop an executive level understanding of cloud terminology and vendor offerings
- Identify gaps in the current market offerings
- Provide high level recommendations for cloud computing use, scoring and migration
Key activities performed over the course of this engagement included:
- Conducted detailed research and analysis of existing cloud computing definitions
- Defined the ‘cloud stack’ and developed understanding of the details of each layer including layer maturity and typical pricing options
- Analysis of public vs. private cloud computing options and recommendations on best fit
- Analysis of challenges and opportunities of implementing major cloud solutions
- Development of a scorecard used to help determine applicability of cloud computing options to the institution
- Presentation of sample migration strategies
- Presentation of vendor landscape
- Development of strategic next steps and final report
Recommendations were made to the university leadership regarding the various cloud computing options and landscape. The resulting report was fashioned into a strategy-style document including recommendations for immediate activities and next steps toward moving into the cloud computing space.