Centric’s experts in HR project management, change management and call center technology helped a global manufacturing company develop a more cohesive HR operating model.
The Business Need – HR Project Management
A global manufacturing company had acquired many companies over the last several years. This growth resulted in a decentralized Human Resources function with redundancies and variability in the services provided to employees.
The company realized the need for a more strategic approach to HR, which included implementing standard HR processes, becoming more effective in their ability to support organizational growth, and creating a common employee experience across their family of companies. The company decided to move towards a more cohesive operating model and adopting a shared services structure with an Employee Service Center and Centers of Expertise for Talent Management, Total Rewards, and Communications.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
In order for the project to be a success, the client needed resources with a functional HR background and expertise in project management, change management and call center technology. Centric was the chosen partner and made a significant impact in the following ways:
- Provided a seasoned, certified project manager with several years of experience in HR with a history of success in delivering similar projects for other organizations.
- Recommended the structure of the project management function be split into two distinct roles, which was adopted by the client. One role focused solely on the technical needs of the new organization. A second lead project manager focused on coordination and integration of all project objectives, which included managing risks, streamlining communications, and leading stakeholder change management.
- Leveraged existing call center and case management solutions in order to reduce costs and better integrate with other employee-facing support processes.
- Developed a rigorous risk management process to ensure that all issues were captured and addressed in a timely manner.
- Developed a close relationship with the communications lead and kept the focus on employee communications to ensure optimal adoption by the organization.
- Introduced the client to a team from another organization that recently had success with a similar project. A collaborative meeting was arranged and the two teams discussed challenges and lessons learned.
The transformation project was successfully delivered within the expected nine-month time frame. The client now enjoys a more streamlined HR function, with additional savings in employee costs as a result of the reorganization. Additional benefits delivered by Centric included exposure to a strong project management practice and the implementation and configuration of SharePoint as an HR operational portal that will outlast the project.
- Learn more about Centric Miami and their project management expertise.
- Read this article by Kim Caruthers, In Search of a Stellar Project Manager, to learn the key qualities a person must possess to be an effective project leader.
Interested in learning how to streamline your own operations?
Contact Kim Caruthers to learn more.