Here’s how we helped a super-regional insurance carrier improve operational efficiency and save thousands of hours with process automation.
Robots execute better than humans most of the time. We see their true value when working alongside a human team, improving tasks and processes automatically in the background. It is this type of automation that helped our client streamline business processes and save thousands of hours.
The company is a super-regional P&C insurance carrier, needed unique ways to increase profitability and operational efficiency. They also wanted to gain additional value from their current workforce by having them focus on important tasks and not the mundane, repetitive ones.
Pain points addressed by Robotic Process Automation (RPA):
- Associates spend too much time on menial, repetitive tasks that distract them from subjective, value-added work, customer interaction and prompt response times
- Associates cannot keep up with demand on some processes, meaning that policies, claims, or renewals may not be properly reviewed and adjusted
- Systems don’t integrate, resulting in manual (and error-prone) “swivel-chair automation” to maintain the same data across multiple applications and databases
- Employees must update legacy data before migrating to a new system, but updating data directly in databases is too complex while manually updating data is too time-consuming
- Employees complete processes inconsistently or cannot resolve them in a timely manner, risking rework – or worse – compliance issues
- The company needs to phase out legacy systems and receive limited updates, but system migrations can take years, and in the meantime, business requirements change, associates leave or retire, or systems stop functioning reliably