We worked with a digital marketing agency to develop three data dashboards to better track unit and client retention and productivity.
In an age where there is an immense amount of data readily available for business consumption, it can be challenging and cumbersome to determine the information that actually matters. It is even more difficult to house, store and showcase this data in a way that promotes ease of use and drives insights that impact business success.
Our client is a fast-growing digital marketing agency that provides personalized digital marketing strategies for local businesses. Historically, our client has enjoyed a higher-than-average customer retention rate across 10,000 diverse accounts in nearly 100 different specialty areas.
Despite their success, our client was experiencing growing pains. While partnering with more and more clients and employing more and more agents, the company amassed a wealth of data that could propel the company forward if used in the right way. But, executives didn’t have an easy way to analyze the data that reflected business performance quickly. It became increasingly challenging for them to leverage all their important data effectively.
Our client looked to assemble executive data dashboards they could access across mobile and browser interfaces to house and view their data more easily and enhance their analysis capabilities. But, they needed the help of a partner.
Enter Centric: Building Business Insights with Data Dashboards
Our client had already teamed up with us on several other projects, and they knew our data and analytics expertise would be a perfect match for this particular endeavor. So, they partnered with us to build a series of executive dashboards to track unit, client, resource retention and sales productivity.
We took a careful and comprehensive approach to ensure the success of this project:
- We worked closely with the business leaders to fully understand their business information structure, including business and metric definitions. This information informed our iterative process of designing, demonstrating and refining visualizations in Power BI.
- We built and automated a commissions dashboard in Power BI, establishing one accessible place for commission data. This provided visibility and availability for sales leadership coaching sessions and minimized the need to pull data from multiple sources.
- We launched a series of QA tests to confirm the functionality of the created dashboards.
The Results: A Successful Collection of Data Dashboards
Together with the client, our team successfully delivered three robust and dependable data dashboards in just seven weeks. Using these dashboards, business leaders would be able to track the following more efficiently and accurately:
- Unit Retention – monitors the number of units sold each period (day, month, quarter, year), and a calculated retention rate period-to-period
- Client Retention — monitors the client count from period-to-period, regardless of how much product they purchased
- Sales Productivity — how many units sales associates sold.
This valuable information provides unprecedented insights into the company’s performance and allows business leaders to make smart, informed decisions.