Bank Embraces Mobile App To Deliver Truly Engaging Experience
Centric delivers a mobile app for banking that maximizes mobile banking capabilities while keeping the design clean and intuitive
The Business Need
Our client, a leading U.S. retail bank, was looking to design and develop a new mobile banking application to replace their existing mobile application. Their legacy application was not designed around the needs of the mobile user, nor did it exploit the functionality of the mobile device.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Our client partnered with Centric to form a team of user experience designers and iPhone developers to build an iPhone app to demonstrate the functionality that the mobile device could deliver to its retail banking customers. The application was refined through a pilot launch that leveraged formal usability testing to ensure the design met the needs of the customer. Finally, Centric’s mobile handset developers worked with our server-side experts to integrate the application with the Client’s backend banking systems to provide a seamless, integrated experience.
The iPhone app allowed our Client to provide an engaging way for the bank’s customers to interact and manage their money when on the go. The application leveraged unique features of the mobile device such as location data to make the experience rich and interesting, while keeping the design clean and intuitive.
This innovative app was created using Centric’s Mobile Development Framework:
- UX design was built exclusively for the mobile device to make it intuitive for the user and consistent with other mobile user interfaces, while making the experience highly engaging and fun.
- Initial prototype was built to optimize the experience on iPhone, while ensuring that design can be extended to other mobile platforms including Android and Blackberry.
- Centric’s design concepts and UX recommendations compelled our client to ask us to provide design concepts and UX leadership for the bank’s existing online web properties:
- “Your creative designs were very good…better than your competitors. But what confirmed our decision was the combination of creative talents, mobile development capabilities, and your overall attention and responsiveness to our needs. Your end-to-end solution was the differentiator.”
- Team followed a rapid, iterative development approach to building the iPhone prototype and pilot, allowing for a shortened define / design / development process.