Centric builds a marketing database and supporting mobile apps to allow for personalized lessor communication throughout the lease lifecycle.
The Business Need
A large North American luxury automobile manufacturer recognized the opportunity to use evolving digital technologies to build deeper connections with their vehicle’s owner during the lease lifecycle. Additionally, the marketing team believed that having the right tools and communication channels in place would allow for an uplift in lease renewal rates and new vehicle leases.
The data required to provide helpful customer insights and valued promotional offers was not available in a common repository. Portions of the data existed in silos and was not readily available to marketers for analysis and campaign creation. Sending requests to IT and/or building the required queries to mine the needed data was cumbersome and time-consuming.
To create a flexible marketing solution, customer, vehicle, and lease data needed to be in a common data repository to show a 360-degree view of the customer. The team decided the needed repository was Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud because Salesforce could run the kind of parameterized queries needed to create useful customer insights and targeted promotional offers.
Centric built this repository and custom apps using a broad array of Salesforce and mobile technologies.
- Vehicle data is captured and attributed using Salesforce Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud and inserted into Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Customer and lessor data are merged into the Salesforce databases
- A custom mobile app allows the auto manufacturer to stay connected to their customer by sending real-time and personalized messages and promotions.
Using Salesforce reporting tools, marketers can now query the Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud databases to:
- Quickly retrieve and view lease status
- Make suggestions for improved auto performance based on driving patterns and vehicle data
- Offer timely promotions based on maintenance schedules to effectively lower the overall vehicle cost for the customer
- Combine lease expiration dates with other useful data, such as predicted end-of-lease penalties, to deliver customized promotional offers to increase the likelihood of a new car lease or lease renewal.
The auto manufacturer’s marketing department now has an easily accessible customer database built on Salesforce’s Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud platforms. These tools, combined with custom mobile apps, make it easier to provide useful information and timely and relevant promotions to their lessor customers.