Mobile App for Leading Developer of Time Management Software
Centric delivers a smart phone app that enables traveling professionals the ability to log time and expenses via mobile that’s scalable and integrated with existing software
The Business Need
A leading developer of Time Management Solutions whose software provided project management tools and time and expense tracking services for companies such as National Geographic, McAfee and Microsoft, was looking to provide mobile capability to its customers by creating an innovative smart phone application that enabled busy, on-the-go professionals to log Time and Expense (T&E) data via their smartphones.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Our Client partnered with Centric to form a team of architects and developers to build iPhone and Android mobile apps that seamlessly interfaced with their existing time and expense management software. Centric led the UX design, application architecture and end-to-end development process, including an extensible web services layer for future platforms.
The mobile app allowed our Client to expand their software product portfolio in the rapidly growing mobile computing market. More importantly, it provided the Client’s customers with an easier way to submit time and expenses as well as run reports while ensuring everything was securely synchronized to the host database. These mobile products also allowed Dovico to differentiate their T&E offering from competitors.
Additional App benefits include:
- Streamlined month-end billing processes by avoiding untimely delays involving T&E data entry.
- Simple, easy to use interface that enables iPhone users to enter T&E data against all appropriate charge codes and projects.
- Secure user authentication and data access to server-side architecture.
- Business data is automatically uploaded to Client’s hosted database, eliminating the need to manually synchronize information.
- Built-in reporting functionality that offers analysis of T&E metrics by date range, category, project task and other criteria.
- Camera enabled smart phones may be used to submit a picture of expense receipts further streamlining the tedious process of expense tracking. Expense OCR is planned for future releases.