Twice a year, we get together to share knowledge and ideas, hear company updates, network and catch-up with each other. This summer, we gathered in Chicago on August 16 and 17.
As usual, it was a lot of fun. Our leaders played Jeopardy as a way to share company news – like how we’re headed to San Diego for our holiday trip in January! Teams bonded over Chi-town’s deep dish pizza, sky-high restaurant views, and strolls through Grant Park. But it was all the laughing we did that made our time together most memorable.
Read highlights from some of the breakout sessions our teams hosted:
Mythbusters: Process Excellence Edition
Team: Darren Rehrer, Todd Weston, Kerry Daly, Flournoy Henry and Rick Kennedy
Our Process Excellence (PEX) services team suited up to bust some common myths on how process excellence works. They also sprinkled some fun facts about the team.
Audience members received cards with “BUSTED” on one side, and “CONFIRMED” on the other. As each question was called out, they participated by guessing the right answer. Here’s a sampling of the questions and answers:
- Process excellence doesn’t apply to all industries – BUSTED
- Each one of our location teams has completed a PEX project. Actually, we have experienced 154 resources across our teams, who have completed a combined 100 projects in just three years. And that spans industries. PEX reaches across many industries that we work with: healthcare, insurance, energy and utilities.
- PEX is glorified process mapping – BUSTED
- It’s a lot more than that. Our operational and process excellence approach drives measurable results and builds sustaining capability while enabling ongoing performance improvements.
- PEX Is only for short-term projects – BUSTED
- We have projects we’ve been involved in for years. PEX projects are not always short term, some take time and have a lot of moving parts.
A quote the PEX team keeps in mind: “You can’t improve what you can’t measure!”
Why We Are on Cloud Nine
Team: Carmen Fontana and Dave Mendelez
Cloud Computing is one of our latest service offerings and we’re constantly growing our knowledge and team. There is a lot of opportunity to use cloud-enabled technologies to accelerate innovation, so we strive to never stop learning about the platform and all of the intricacies.
We’re proud to be good Amazon and Microsoft partners. There’s a lot you can do with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure’s Cloud Platform.
Check out some of our latest insights on the cloud:
In October, we are hosting events – in St. Louis and Cleveland – on cloud innovation. We’re also publishing a guide to help you overcome common cloud concerns. If you’re interested, let’s talk.
GDPR, PCI, and Cybersecurity, Oh My!
Team: Scott Frost
GDPR is top-of-mind for all, as we all make updates to fit the new standards.
But now is not the time to neglect your security. Keeping your data secure should be a priority.
Cybersecurity can simplify processes, so start by creating a plan that has actionable steps. You can use one of the many assessments available to identify security issues and gaps.
Different types of assessments include:
- Pen Test
- GDPR/PCI Assessment
- Cyber Crisis Management
- Security Maturity Assessment
Want to learn more about how you can secure your data? Let’s talk.
Other talks included:
- What the Heck is CXD?
- DevOps – The Big Picture
- Getting Cozy with Organizational Change Management
- Healthcare: An Industry in the Midst of Disruption
- Insurance and Marketing Operations
- Enterprise Program Management (EPM), Navigating Change and Driving Value