Program Management of Business Process and Supply Chain Optimization
A major manufacturer sought help with the management of a strategic program to optimize its supply chain and re-align team structures for a more efficient and streamlined process.
The Business Need
In order to optimize production and reduce costs, a notable food and beverage manufacturer decided to build a new state-of-the-art manufacturing plant and restructure its business processes. The project included redistributing manufacturing operations into the new facility and streamlining several manufacturing processes. In addition, a slight restructuring of the human resources department needed to take place in order to facilitate success.
The objectives for the project were as follows:
- Implement a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Decommission other manufacturing plants
- Implement new systems and infrastructure to support the new plant
- Implement new team structures that fit within the quality framework
- Review and improve supply chain and manufacturing processes
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Centric partnered with the manufacturer’s strategic solution provider in order to leverage their existing business relationship. The collaborative work focused on the following key imperatives:
- Understand and implement significant employment changes necessary to support the business change
- Redistribute production amongst new and existing plans and decommission some facilities
- Align supply chain and business unit goals and objectives
- Provide consistency for employees and communication
- Effectively manage the major capital investment in order to provide the anticipated cost savings
Centric specifically provided the following services:
- Program Management (PMO)
- Project Management
- Cross-functional team management
- Business process improvement
- Implementation / Deployment
Centric is currently helping this manufacturing company achieve optimization of production and cost savings goals. Through effective program and project management, Centric has helped this manufacturing company oversee this complex and very large initiative. The result will be an optimized manufacturing environment which will yield the desired cost savings.