Meter Data Management and AMI Implementation
Centric assists one of the nation’s largest utilities in implementation of new MDM and AMI services.
The Business Need
Our client, one of the largest electric utilities in the U.S., delivers electricity to more than 5 million customers in 11 states. The utility also owns the nation’s largest electricity transmission system, which includes nearly 39,000 miles of lines and provides 36,000 megawatts of generating capacity in the U.S.
The client was embarking on an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management (MDM) System implementation in support of a AMI pilot project for the client’s Indiana operating territory. Additional pilot projects were also on the horizon for the client’s Ohio, Texas, and Oklahoma operating territories. With internal resources fully utilized, the client looked outside their organization for Smart Grid project support.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Given Centric’s successful history as a business and technology advisor to the client, they engaged Centric resources to assist with the project. Centric provided multiple services on the project, including:
- Led end-to-end integration and functional testing of Meter to Cash functionality
- Managed Oracle MDM issues/defects and the service Request process with Oracle MDM product team
- Coordinated testing of Oracle MDM Maintenance Releases
- Configured and supported the Smart meter program mapping to AMI head end and MDM systems, VEE of meter read data in MDM and posting of billing determinants to CIS for billing
- Developed custom queries to monitor MDM application operations, data quality and data throughput
- Coordinated production job timing and refinement across AMI – MDM – CIS to ensure daily delivery times were achieved for the smart meter base
- Worked with AMI provider (SilverSpring) on issue resolution for AMI product errors
- Provided support for Primary AMI Head-End Systems – SilverSpring Network UtilityIQ and Landis & Gyr Command Center
- Performed cross-system validation, balancing and reporting to ensure meter data integrity
- Developed and monitored application and meter population metrics
- Performed application upgrade and version rollout planning, testing and support
- Conducted regression testing of AMI meter programs into back-office systems, including poly-phase and TOU meter configurations
- Coordinated with vendor support teams for root cause analysis and rollout planning
The project went live on time and within budget. The Centric team continues to support the client in production operations and has continued to partner with the client on separate AMI deployment projects for the Ohio, Texas and Oklahoma operating companies.