State Government Controlled Substance Retail Modernization
Centric’s team of experts developed a set of recommendations for both short- and long-term strategies to streamline operations and drive revenues.
The Business Need
The State’s Department of Commerce needed to replace its decades-old set of systems for retail, accounting and supply chain management. Bound by specific budget restrictions and ambitious goals for rapid return on investment, the solution had to use sustainable technology to improve the efficiency of current business and enable future growth opportunities. The agency lacked the expertise to develop such a vision and create an RFP to find an implementation partner.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Centric provided a team with skills in project management, enterprise architecture, business analysis, retail and supply chain subject matter expertise, process improvement and systems design.
Centric’s team of experts studied the current technology and processes and developed a set of recommendations for both short- and long-term strategies to streamline operations and drive revenues. These recommendations are documented along with detailed business requirements in an RFP targeted to vendors most capable of executing on the complex project.
- Worked with Client staff in operations, accounting and IT to understand current technology and processes and to identify gaps.
- Designed a set of recommendations for sales and operations planning, forecasting, product lifecycle management and inventory management.
- Gathered and documented detailed system requirements and associated process flows that address gaps and enable the identified growth strategies.
- Developed a series of best-practice performance metrics for continued guidance on retail operations.
- Prepared the staff and management for known obstacles and other change management considerations.
- Created an RFP that allows respondents to accurately assess the scope of the project and provide a recommended system solution with an accurate cost estimate.