Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Application Upgrade
Centric Successfully Upgrades Oracle EBS R12
The Business Need
The client generated a plan to upgrade their Oracle applications in order to improve business efficiency, implement additional capability and stay current on the software, but needed help with Oracle Release 12 expertise to implement custom aspects of the new functionality design.
Centric had been providing functional and technical support, DBA services and project leadership for the client for over 10 years, and this project was the first functional upgrade performed over that time span.
Centric’s High-impact Approach
Centric helped the client prioritize their new functionality requests, comparing the requirements against the available functionality in Release 12. Wherever necessary, Centric designed a potential solution for evaluation. A final set of requested functionality was confirmed and included in the project plan.
The transition to the Oracle R12 functional environment was very smooth, with the migration to new hardware and the new Linux operating system providing more database stability as well as improved processing times. The implementation of the new Excel–based reporting tool has not only relieved the IT staff of maintaining the Oracle Discoverer tool, but has also reduced the long-term need of IT involvement in report development, as end-users are now able to create their own reports without any development assistance.
Key accomplishments include:
- Implemented new server hardware and operating system.
- Upgraded the Oracle applications from 11.5.10 to 12.1.3.
- Replaced Discoverer with a new Excel-based reporting tool after conducting a high level software selection.
- Successfully tested over three separate iterations and one full mock cutover cycle, reducing the upgrade’s patching requirements to less than 36 hours.
- Implemented at least 10 specific new functionalities including several with custom development aspects.
Centric achieved all deliverables within the client’s upgrade timeframe and within their budget guidelines.