Mobile Healthcare App Development– A Case Study
Hospice Care Provider uses innovative iPad solution to improve patient intake services.
The Business Need
The largest public hospice corporation in the U.S. needed to maintain market leadership by innovating their patient intake services and clinician workflows. As new healthcare legislation threatened operating margins, our client needed to reduce costs by enabling nurse liaisons to capture sensitive patient information faster and cheaper, with greater accuracy. They needed a next-generation solution that worked regardless of user location or network connectivity, improved new patient intake response times and digitized paper-based forms and workflows.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Our client partnered with Centric to form a cross-functional team of clinician, process and mobile technology experts. Utilizing an agile project methodology to provide flexibility and frequent deliverables every two weeks, the team was continuously focused on higher priority product development features with frequent user feedback and rapid quality assurance testing.
In a matter of weeks, Centric designed and built built a mobile app that enabled nursing liaisons to seamlessly transition to the new patient intake process. New product features are being added to digitize clinical assessment and care coordination forms using electronic signature functionality for home medical equipment and pharmacy medications.
- Simple and intuitive user interface enables nurses to easily capture patient details such as insurance, demographics and prior clinical assessments
- Modernized legacy IT infrastructure supports data communications with mobile devices through a web services architecture
- Nurses have visibility to status details of all patients in the intake process
- Improved communication with the call center with real-time communication to back office systems
- Reduced amounts of paperwork to be faxed or carried between patients and clinicians
- Layers of security for accessing information and mobile device management capabilities ensure only authorized personnel have the appropriate level of access
- Designed exclusively for Apple iPad tablets