Centric Receives 2012 ESGR Above and Beyond Award
Dayton, OH – August 1, 2012 — Centric was recently awarded the Above and Beyond Award from the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) organization, the lead Defense Department agency promoting cooperation and understanding between civilian employers and their National Guard employees. Employers qualify for recognition when they practice leadership and personnel policies that support employee participation in the Guard and Reserve.
Mike Rogers, a Centric manager, and decorated veteran nominated Centric because of the company’s support of him and his family during his deployment to Iraq.
The Above and Beyond award is given to limited numbers by state and territory ESGR committees. It recognizes employers at the state and local level who have gone above and beyond the legal requirements for granting leave and providing support for military duty by their employees. Centric’s support included:
- Paying differential salary rate until the employee returned to work.
- Sending numerous care packages, messages and emails ensuring that our deployed employee was well stocked with treats and updated on company news.
- Covering the cost of Internet service so ties to family and friends could be maintained.
- Volunteering to provide home maintenance activities such as lawn and childcare intended to alleviate spouse stress.
- Funding a weekend retreat upon return so the family could spend some much-needed quality time together.
Centric Consulting is a management consulting firm that guides you in the search for answers to complex digital, business and technology problems by asking tough questions, leading crucial conversations and blending our experts with yours.
Together we optimize your processes, elevate your technology, and help you compete in a digital world. We work together to uncover the answers so you’re more knowledgeable, confident, and own a lasting solution that grows with you. Learn more