The National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve recognized Centric for their support of deployed employees.
July 11, 2012 — Centric is pleased to announce that it recently won The Patriot Award from the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense after being nominated by one of its employees who served in the Air National Guard.
The National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) conducts an awards program designed to recognize employers who support a strong National Guard and Reserve force. Employers qualify for recognition when they practice leadership and personnel policies that support employee participation in the Guard and Reserve.
We were nominated because of the concern and support demonstrated when one of our employees was called into service being deployed to support Operation New Dawn in Iraq for nine months. At the time, we did not have a policy in place to address the situation but quickly mobilized our human resource and legal departments to put such a policy in place for individuals that desire to serve their country.
Our support included:
- Paying differential salary rate until the employee returned to work.
- Sending numerous care packages, messages, and emails ensuring that our deployed employee was well stocked with treats and updated on company news.
- Covering the cost of Internet service so ties to family and friends could be maintained.
- Volunteering to provide home maintenance activities such as lawn and childcare intended to alleviate spouse stress.
- Funding a weekend retreat upon return so the family could spend some much-needed quality time together.