Don’t Miss Our Tech Week Event on “The Reality of Digital Disruption: Lessons Learned to Manage the Fast Pace of Change & Process.”
Join the Centric Cleveland team, local industry leaders and Centric’s change management and process excellence experts who will discuss the latest in industry research, and the tools needed to address the impact of digital disruption.
Disruptive change is messy. This event will address the tools and considerations needed to address some of today’s most pressing issues:
- What happens when roles and responsibilities change overnight? What are the leadership considerations to align how people are impacted within the context of new processes?
- What happens when robotic process automation (RPA) changes previously manual tasks to automated ones?
- Machine Learning has changed the dynamics of data analysis and business intelligence. How does this impact job performance measures, training, and organizational alignment? (E.g., 80/20 with data analysis and BI – 80% collecting/cleaning data; 20% analyzing a problem. This should/could now change.
- Does the scope of traditional change management activities need to expand to include how individual performance and job descriptions need to change to account for technical disruption?
- How to manage change when the pace of technology disruptions outpaces the ability of humans to adapt to the change?
- What are the strategies leaders pursue to ensure their teams are “right-skilled”?
- What do high-performing organizations do to ensure disruptive change is sustainable over the long haul?
- How do companies proactively disrupt themselves before having to react to a competitor’s disruption?
About the Speakers
John Fleischer, CIO – CBIZ
Fleischer is a business-focused, results-driven IT executive with significant global experience and a blend of senior level roles in IT services, corporate, and private equity environments. He has led teams of up to 350 people, managed budgets of $100 million, and owned profit and loss responsibility of $50 million. Significant positions include Corporate CIO of a $2B chemical company, Regional CIO of a $20B global tire manufacturer and his current role as CIO of a $1b publicly traded accounting and professional services firm.
Phil Swettenham, Centric Consulting
Phil is the Organizational Change Practice Leader for Centric Cleveland. He brings more than 25 years of experience in competitive strategy, change management, organization design & development, culture building, and leadership development.
Phil has held senior leadership positions in financial services, manufacturing, and commercial organizations in North America, Europe and Japan, as well as aiding many companies in multiple industries as a strategic change consultant. He is a board member of the Ohio Chapter of the Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP).
Matt Dierker, Centric Consulting
A senior executive with over 25 years helping companies excel through process improvement and technology transformation. Relevant experience includes:
- Centric executive leadership team, and Process Excellence lead
- Decades of manufacturing experience, internally and as a consultant
- Enterprise-wide systems implementation experience from Fortune 50 to mid-sized manufacturing companies
- Partners with CIOs to develop IT roadmaps and execute on those plans
- BS in Operations Management from Miami University; MBA in Marketing and Strategy from Weatherhead School of Management.c
Hosted by OHTec and a number of community partners, Tech Week is an annual initiative to support and engage the local tech community through education and networking. Our original intent was to expand upon the Best of Tech Awards and to increase awareness of the IT industry in Northeast Ohio but since then, we’ve expanded our efforts by developing new partnerships to include programming that supports entrepreneurs, executives, students, educators and other stakeholders of the IT industry.