Congratulations to the Centric India’s Robotic Process Automation team for winning UiPath Hackathon!
Our Centric India team recently won a UiPath RPA hackathon called Power Up Automation, which took place July 20 to 21 in Gurgaon, India. Sushant Wadhawan, Jagbir Singh, and Manu Jaggi made up the winning team.
They built an RPA solution designed to automate candidate filtration for recruiters.
This victory is a great accomplishment that required the team to undergo various grueling rounds. There were 200-plus participants and 50 teams, with each team having four members. It was 36 hours straight of heads-down work, and only 12 teams survived multiple rounds.
While there were multiple monetary prizes within the Hackathon, Team Centric made it to the final round, winning the grand prize, worth Rs.2,10,000 ($3000).
What is the UiPath Hackathon?
UiPath is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies in the world. They believe in using the transformative power of automation to liberate the boundless potential of people.
They believe automation technology will have a significant impact on how we work, not only in enterprise and the NGO sector but in our day to day lives. This emerging technology is quickly becoming the norm, and early adopter developers are at the forefront of automation innovation.
The company hosted its first Hackathon of 2019 in Bengaluru in May, which led to some brilliant new automation ideas. This year, they took the Automation wave to Delhi NCR and the surrounding regions. The UiPath Hackathon invited hackers, creators, makers, and coders to solve problems, push the boundaries of existing tech and power up the next generation of software robots.
The Hackathon Challenge
Teams received instruction to build automation reusable components and projects that accelerate business transformation and expand UiPath Suite capabilities.
Industry Problem Solved
Doing less with more.
- Currently, the major bottleneck for talent acquisition leaders across the world is to screen the right candidate from large pools of data coming from Job portals, social media sites like LinkedIn, Business software like Taleo, Emails, and more.
- 52% of talent acquisition leaders claim it is the hardest part of the recruitment process.
- A rough estimate shows that it takes around five to six business days or 23 hours to hire a skilled resource.
- This workload keeps on increasing with every new skill and the deficiency of the right skilled resource. A study estimates this workload increases at a rate of 56% every year.
The Solution From Our RPA Team
Doing more with less.
- The team presented a solution that uses a blend of technologies built around UiPath Studio, Attended Bot, UiPath Cloud Platform, IVR Twilio, Tableau Reports, MS Excel, Email Services, and UiPath GO.
- The team showcased error-free profiling of resumes. Part of the solution included collecting the resumes by searching job portals and other varied sources, based on the criteria defined in the job description. Then the process included scanning those selected resumes for missing information and connecting with the candidates through automated emails and IVR calls.
- The talent acquisition leader receives all the collected information in Tableau reports.
- We can scale this solution by introducing Machine Learning for predicting the joining probability of the candidates.
Centric India plans to begin implementing their solution immediately. They are going to introduce it to the Centric recruiting space to advance automated processes aiding in talent acquisition.