Insurance Mobile App Development – A Case Study
Insurance Carrier goes Mobile: Mobile App Streamlines Policyholder Claims Submission
The Business Need
A Midwestern insurance carrier wished to streamline claims submissions and improve insurance accessibility for policyholders with smartphones. This carrier also wanted to take advantage of device-specific functionality including taking pictures of the accident scene, recording audio sound bites describing the accident and submitting the claims data to their regional office for processing.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
This Insurance Carrier partnered with Centric to develop mobile apps for Apple iPhone and Google Android platforms that demonstrates mobile’s ability to satisfy complex claims submission requirements and re-invent the user experience for insurance customers.
Centric’s expert mobile developers and architects combined forces to build an intuitive, native application that any policyholder can leverage and is rapidly extensible to other insurance product offerings. Centric also utilized it’s vast knowledge in the insurance industry to provide recommendations on how to consume the policyholder’s claim data and integrate the mobile platform into the insurance carrier’s platform.
The native application leverages the most advanced and innovative capabilities of Apple iPhone and Google Android devices, transforms and enhances the user experience for insurance claims transactions and provides the insurance carrier with market differentiation in an increasingly competitive industry.
Mobile Insurance capabilities include:
- GPS and reverse GeoCoding for accident location
- Camera and photo library for capturing accident scenes and property damage
- Audio recording/playback for recording sound bites
- Device-resident data storage for accessing prior claims history
- Mobile email integration to securely transmit claims data
- Compatible with Insurance website APIs for back-end IT systems integration
- Intuitive user interface controls and screen flow transitions