The Business Need
The client leadership team knew its current operating model was not optimal and had collected various inputs on potential improvements. As they approached their annual business planning process, they recognized the need for a comprehensive assessment of its operations.
Centric’s High-Impact Approach
Centric conducted a strategic assessment of their end-to-end business model, including inbound and outbound operations. Specifically, Centric identified ways to improve customer service levels and maintain the current cost structure while absorbing significant growth and increases in product complexity. Centric led a team that identified key priorities for the client’s business plan, specifically the team worked to:
- Ensure strategic investments were applied to the appropriate business areas
- Identify and summarize external business drivers including the volume growth, competition, product complexity, regulatory, and performance expectations
- Assess implications of business drivers on organization
- Interview key customers to gather perspectives and insights around client strategy, products, services and delivery
- Review core business capabilities and assess strengths, weaknesses and opportunities, including business development / account management, service/capability development, service delivery and enterprise management support functions
- Summarize findings and prioritized opportunity areas
The project set the stage for a major Outbound Redesign initiative. All initiatives are projected to drive significant value by improving service levels, absorbing future growth and optimizing cost structure.