Social change and the rapid development of technology creates many opportunities and risks for incumbent businesses and startups alike. The difference between those who leverage opportunities and those who succumb to risk depends on who sees, understands and acts best in the face of uncertainty.
The most effective organizations align their policies, processes, and culture to maintain a continuous flow of innovation that drives top-line growth and bottom-line efficiency. These successful innovators also engage partners to continuously acquire knowledge and to find new opportunities.
Our consultants use their broad industry expertise and deep knowledge of winning process and tools to enable you to optimize your innovation capabilities by
- Gaining a better understanding of your customers and markets
- Developing new products and services
- Moving into new markets
- Creating new business models
- Optimizing existing value chains
- Developing methods and skills for sustained innovation
Product and Service Innovation Capabilities
We provide a full range of planning, development and continuous improvement services. We can help you hatch a new idea, develop a solution or transform your organization to address a changing business landscape. We can run your project from start-to-finish or be a partner to supplement your team’s capabilities where most needed.
We’ll help you identify opportunities and unmet customer needs through proven methods.
- Voice-of-customer research
- Requirements gathering
- Internal and external ideation
- Solution prototyping
- Solution development
We partner with you to transform your organization into an innovation engine with the policies, processes, tools, and culture to repeatedly deliver innovative products and services.
- Innovation strategy – to guide where innovation effort and budget is applied
- Innovation management and governance – to define how innovation is addressed
- Innovation pipeline management – to ensure proper focus and investment
- Solution delivery process improvement – to include innovation discipline throughout the product/service lifecycle
- Organizational change management (OCM) – to promote innovation culture and engagement
- Software package selection and implementation – to facilitate innovation workflow, collaboration, knowledge management, and campaign management
- Creative thinking skills – to arm staff members with 21st-century business skills that focus and amplify their creativity
Identify Opportunities and Unmet Customer Needs
The front-end of innovation can be a confusing place full of conflicting information, strong opinions, entrenched assumption, urban legends and hidden treasures. From this chaos emerges the inspiration, insights, and ideas that drive innovative products and services to the market. Sustained success at this stage requires the focus and discipline that comes from defined methods that leverage the knowledge and inherent creativity of staff and customers.
We have the experience, expertise, and partnerships in both traditional methods and emerging innovation techniques and tools. We work to understand what your customers need and identify the business opportunities these needs represent through several methods including
- Focus groups and stakeholder interviews
- Ethnographic research
- Human-centered design and disruptive thinking techniques
- Collaborative and crowdsourced ideation
- Innovation campaigns
- Customer analytics and big data analysis
Building an Innovation Engine
Our business consultants help you improve how you innovate by enhancing and aligning existing product/service development capabilities.
- Assess current product/service development practices
- Recommend process, policy and tool changes and additions
- Pilot recommended changes with client staff and projects
- Lead OCM efforts to ensure organizational awareness and alignment
- Rollout process changes enterprise-wide
- Sustain continuous process improvement with health checks and process enhancement projects
- Train client staff on best-practices and process specifics
Create New Products, Services, and Capabilities
Our experienced architects, developers, and analysts are prepared to solve your product and service challenges. Whether you need a new mobile product, a technology platform to enhance the value of existing products or a connected product line, contact us to learn how we can help.