Centric’s Strategic Marketing and Customer Analytics (SMCA) harnesses the power of analytics to sharpen clients’ ability to effectively market to customers. By enabling an efficient analytics engine, the client can detect data patterns that provide meaningful marketing insights and competitive advantage opportunities.
Because marketing success begins and ends with the customer, we work with clients to gain a deep understanding of the client’s customer base and value proposition offered by products and services.
Based on our strategic marketing methodology, we harness the client’s customer data assets in a structured analytics environment, allowing us to identify patterns and generate insights that lurk in the data.
Based on the client’s customer base, products and services, we construct an analytics framework utilizing customer data (both internal and third-party) to identify and validate marketing opportunities that are typically visible only through analytics.
Our approach to Customer Analytics is to utilize customer data to generate competitive advantage across the following critical marketing dimensions:
- Single View of the Customer (SVoC) – offers a single, consistent view of the customer across the enterprise, which is the initial milestone in the journey to effective strategic marketing.
- Customer Interaction Analysis – provides touch point specific visibility to drive contact quality improvements and efficiencies.
- Customer Preferences – enables closed loop marketing whereby continuous customer experience improvements are realized. Data gathered will support customer awareness and help strengthen external messaging.
- Segmentation and Clustering – allows insight into data patterns illustrating customer segments or sub-segments that are, perhaps, not intuitively obvious. Likewise, data patterns are useful to enable aggregation of individual customers or segments into meaningful clusters.
- Marketing Personalization – harnesses customer data analytics to identify and match unique product or service features to individual consumers.
- Profiling – provides a deeper customer understanding based on an objective and statistically valid framework.
- Predictive Analysis – builds a ‘stimulus-response’ understanding of customer behavior, which is fundamental to guiding clients on what actions they should, or should not, initiate with customers to elicit desired outcomes.
Centric works with clients to build processes, develop skills, and institute disciplines necessary to sustain a robust customer analytics capability.
Our approach to Strategic Marketing and Customer Analytics (SMCA) is to assess a client’s existing data management and analytics capabilities. Recognizing corporate objectives and goals, as well as marketing barriers and opportunities, Centric works with clients to develop a SMCA roadmap. This roadmap exercise is aimed at enabling near-term value realization as well as providing a comprehensive long-term solution.
Effective SMCA requires a significant depth and breadth in terms of critical skills, organizational competencies and data processing capabilities. The benefits however can be significant, offering organizations the ability to establish and sustain competitive advantage in their markets.
Centric’s goal is to be a long-term partner providing the essential skills, pragmatic guidance and oversight to enable its clients to traverse this path. Our methodology emphasizes leveraging existing assets and focusing on delivering solutions that are sustainable. We are not in the hardware or software business; we are in the business of enabling client success. Gaining and sustaining measurable progress over the course of a solution delivery program is a key tenet of Centric’s delivery model. Our ability to combine strategic expertise in SMCA with the right mix of relevant industry skills allows Centric to enable organizations to achieve their objectives.
Strategic Marketing and Customer Analytics is comprised of an integrated set of client delivery capabilities that provide end-to-end support, customer analytics and strategic marketing solutions. Our services include:
- Strategic Marketing Workshops
- Customer Data Integration (CDI)
- Strategic Marketing and Customer Analytics (SMCA) Solution Delivery
Strategic Marketing Workshops
Our Strategic Marketing Workshops are a series of information-sharing programs designed to identify and communicate best practices relative to customer analytics’ role in strategic marketing. Topics covered include:
- Customer Data Integration (CDI) – Implementation Planning Workshop
- Single View of the Customer (SVoC) – Focuses on gaining a common understanding of the total value inherent in SVoC and explores implementation alternatives and approaches to enable SVoC within the enterprise
- Existing Customer Data Integration Installation – Review and Assessment Workshop to identify opportunities and approaches to raise the performance level of this asset
- Strategic Marketing – Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced Workshops
Customer Data Integration (CDI)
Our view is that effective customer analytics is built upon an accurate, timely and comprehensive representation of the customer. The challenges in enabling effective CDI are multiple:
- Data Complexity – as an example, up to a dozen data fields may be necessary to adequately represent customer name – including name prefix, first name, middle name, last name, name suffix, initials, nickname, maiden name, married name, professional title and academic title. Similar complexities exist with addresses (for physical and internet) and phone numbers.
- Timeliness – it is estimate that 2 percent of customer data become obsolete each month. This translates into half of all customer records becoming obsolete every two years.
We follow a best-of-breed approach to CDI based on industry-leading practices and our own delivery experiences. Our delivery framework utilizes a four-step approach to enable CDI:
- Data Cleansing – cleanse, update and complete contact data to enable consistent identification of unique customers.
- Data Consolidation – link records from separate sources, purge duplicate data and resolve data inconsistencies.
- Data Enrichment – utilize third-party or external sources of data to augment customer data.
- Data Protection Compliance – enable contact suppression based on legal, regulatory constraints and client business practices.
Strategic Marketing and Customer Analytics (SMCA) Solution Delivery
Effectively utilizing customer data to drive strategic marketing is the key objective of the SMCA service offering. Our approach is to incorporate the unique aspects of the client’s business model, competitive landscape and assets to tailor a strategic marketing architecture. Providing near-term strategic marketing ‘wins’ is an effective way to demonstrate program value and ensure internal project momentum.
We offer a comprehensive set of professional services to assist our clients in realizing their Strategic Marketing objectives including:
- Third-Party Data Provider Assessment
- Customer Segmentation Assessment and Improvement
- Customer Data Quality Analysis
- Strategic Marketing Value Measurement