Hey Columbus, keep an eye out for us. We’re taking over!
Every March, over 400 of our employees travel from all over the country and India to a select US city for our annual Spring Meeting.
This year, it’s in Columbus. Columbus is a city that is ever-changing and growing, there is always something new around the corner. This lively city has everything at your fingertips, from professional sports to the latest restaurant concepts to a huge local art scene. Our Columbus team is proud to host all of Centric here so they can also see why it’s our best-kept secret.
Never been to Columbus? Here are some great things to see and do in the city:
You’ll always see people repping their teams all year long. Here are our teams to watch:
Just blocks away from Centric Columbus’ Dev Studio is The Ohio State University, home to the second largest university in the country. Ohio State is a nationally and internationally recognized leader in research, ranked 16th among the nations public universities.
Oh, you’ve probably heard of the football team too. Every Saturday during football season the city floods with a sea scarlet and gray expecting a victory. Ohio Stadium, nicknamed ‘The Shoe,’ is a must-see on every college football fans bucket list. Sorry Centric’s Michigan alumni… Go Bucks!
Downtown is home to two professional sports teams. At Nationwide Arena, the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets are aiming for a second consecutive playoff appearance. There’s no better way to spend a summer day than at Huntington Park, with dollar (hot)dogs and the Indians AAA affiliate Columbus Clippers!
Our MLS team, the Columbus Crew, rounds out our slew of sports options. Founded in 1996, they were the first professional soccer team in the U.S. and are fresh off the Eastern Conference Finals.
The art scene is continuously growing, you can’t walk around the Short North without passing many art galleries featuring local artists and large murals on historic buildings. On the first Saturday of each month, thousands of people gather in the arts district to celebrate local art with new gallery exhibitions, street performers, special events, food and drinks for Gallery Hop.
Franklinton Arts District is in a historic neighborhood where those in the art community are redeveloping the area with innovative opportunities for artists and art enthusiasts. They are working to build an environment for both creative and commercial exploration.
My personal favorite part of Columbus is the food scene. With concepts ranging from world-class cuisine to classic joints, here a few highlights:
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams – Jeni’s is a local ice cream shop that has expanded across the country. Maybe you have seen or even tried their ice cream at a location near you. They’re famous for their creative (and delicious) flavors and high-quality ingredients.
- Veritas – New to downtown in January, Veritas is a high-end restaurant with a gorgeous hand-crafted cocktail bar set in a former bank.
- Lindey’s – A beautiful, historic neighborhood staple in German Village opened in 1981 and still family-owned. The best summer evenings are spent dining on the patio of this classic.
- Fox in the Snow – An open-air, industrial brunch spot in Italian Village (now German Village too!) brimming with gourmet coffee, pastries and sunlight. This is the hippest (and most Instagram worthy) spot in town, stop by for a caffeine fix.
- Oddfellows Liquor Bar – Housed in the building of a former art gallery, this eclectic bar is newer but feels like it’s been there forever. A local watering hole of short north goers, the large whimsical patio is a must see.
To finish your tour of Columbus, check out one of Columbus’ nearby neighborhoods, each with its own distinct look, feel and charm. In the center of the city, Victorian Village features amazing and eclectic Victorian-era architecture just blocks from the main drag. German Village, just south of downtown, has quaint cobblestone streets and tightly-packed nineteenth-century homes.
- Victorian Village
- Italian Village
- Old Towne East
- Brewery District
- German Village
Don’t be afraid to say hi when you see us exploring! Not from Columbus or have yet to visit? Now’s the time – while it’s still our little secret! Feel free to email me or anyone on the Centric Columbus team to learn more about our city.