We’re excited and ready for our 2015 Summer CampIO at our annual summer meeting.
We can’t wait.
We’re going to challenge ourselves: To learn. To grow. To collaborate, and build something, together.
To benefit us? Sure. But to benefit our clients? You bet.
On Friday, Centric employees will be gathering in Indianapolis, Indiana, for our annual Summer Meeting.
But the day before, many of us will be getting together and listening and learning. In true TED style, we’ll be holding talks and roundtable discussions on topics including future tech; testing; software development; business intelligence…and more.
But even more exciting: We’ll be holding our first-ever internal hackathon. Our project? A skills database. So far, over 60 Centric employees have signed up – far more than we had anticipated.
But we’re not surprised. Nurturing our talent and allowing them to learn and grow, to take on new skills, is what makes Centric’s culture so unique. We’re happy to provide this opportunity to learn from each other – and have some fun!
We’ll be live-Tweeting throughout both the Ted talks and the hackathon. Be sure to follow us either @centric or search for us using #CampIO.
Let the games begin!
Camp IO 2015 TED Talk/Hackathon Schedule
- The Five and a Half Types of Developer
- Digital SO
- Building Sustainable Software
- Intro to Apache Spark with Apache Cassandra, and Streaming Analytics Sample over Time-Series Weather Data
- Introduction to ODataHQ
- Entrepreneurial Tales
- Embracing the Digital Workplace
- Using Your Voice to Front-End Your Business App
- How to Raise Geeks
- Repo Men
- 3, 7, 10!
- You didn’t pick your genes, but you gotta’ wear ’em. A brief history and discussion about genomics and why you should care.
- ET Isn’t About Phoning it In
- Centricity vNext
- Watch Out for Beacons
- Visual Studio 2015 Tips & Tricks
- Use Your Skills to Benefit a Non-Profit
- Event-Driven Development
- Preparing for Big Data Projects
- Hackathon Update
We are going to build, for lack of a better term, a corporate-wide skills database. The goal is to produce something working by the end of the day – even if not in it’s final form. The last TED slot is being held open for the hackathon teams to show us their progress and talk about the process. The hackathon can conceivably continue until whenever it loses steam – or midnight, whichever comes first!
At Friday’s company-wide meeting, CampIO has a breakout session and hopefully, we will have something to show the collective company. Even better: we’ll have something we can start using internally very quickly.