On Thursday, Aug. 22 Centric held it’s main technology event, CampIO, in Louisville.
Held annually, CampIO is an opportunity for technology-minded people across Centric to get together and show off what they can do when not constrained by client requirements and platforms.
This year, presentations were given in 20-minute segments so a larger number topics could be discussed and more Centric team members could take part in the day.
Topics spanned the full gamut of technology-related subjects including Ruby, Scala, iOSan, Android, Windows Phone, Eureqa, Semantic Web, Bluetooth LE, OAuth, BB10, Xamarin and Tizen. There was even a presentation on developing an Arduino automated deer turret!
The session schedule included the following:
- Magical Moments – Mobile Accessibility – William Klos
- Single Page Web Apps with Durandal & Breeze – Marc Johnson
- Centric Contacts for Windows Phone 8 – Brian Starr
- Shining a Light on Shadow IT – Paul Holway
- Arduino – Drew Brown
- How SmartCatalog Can Take You There – Sarah Baker
- I Know the Answer, But I Still Don’t Know Why – Aaron Aude
- Tech SL Service Model Update – Mike Brannan
- Hoosier Healthcare Challenge App – Ben Chesnut
- The Screen App – Eric Galluzzo and Hitanshu Pande
- Can a Manager Make a Mobile App? – Paul Holway
- Centricity Summer Vacation Adventures – Parag Joshi
- Android is Watching You – Shawn Wallace
- The Structure of Knowledge – Jeff Kanel
- A Tale of Federated Identity – Shawn Wallace, Chris Urian and Gwenn Denorme
- Mobile Development with Xamarin – Brian Starr and Marc Johnson
- Blackberry: Could They Knock it Out of the Park? – Chris Low
- Code Katas – Shawn Wallace
- Tizen – Eric Kenny
The day was a great time for collaboration, learning and sharing! See a few images below: